Terence Ridley focuses his practice on civil litigation defense work, with an emphasis on the defense of bad-faith insurance cases and class actions in Colorado state courts and the the U.S. District Court, Colorado. He has also successfully argued cases in the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Colorado Court of Appeals, and the Colorado Supreme Court.
About Terence Ridley
Admitted: 1985, Colorado
Professional Webpage: www.wtotrial.com/bios.aspx?id=151
Honors and Awards:
- Best Lawyers, Insurance Law, 2010-2015
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Colorado Bar Association, Board of Governors
Pro bono/Community Service:
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Arbitration Clauses and Class Certification, presented to the Association of Corporate Counsel Colorado Chapter (June 26, 2008)
Verdicts and Settlements:
- Apodaca v. Allstate Insurance, Case No. 10SC39 (Colo. June 20, 2011) - Won a Colorado Supreme Court decision favorable to client, and all Colorado auto insurers, in a purported class action involving disclosures associated with underinsured and uninsured motorist policies.
- Allstate Ins. Co. v. Medical Lien Managment, 2015 CO 32 (Colo. 2015)
- King v. Allstate Insurance Co., No. 11-cv-00103-WJM-BNB (D. Colo. 2013) - Won a complete defense verdict on behalf of Allstate Insurance Company in an insurance bad faith case brought in the United States District Court for the District of Colorado.
- Sipes v. Allstate Indemnity Co., No. 11-cv-02369-PAB-KMT (U.S.D.C. Colo. Nov. 2013) - Won a complete defense verdict in a bad faith case on behalf of Allstate before the United States District Court for the District of Colorado.
- Estate of Hill v. Allstate, 479 F.3d 735 (10th Cir. 2007)
- Friedland v. TIC and Geosyntec Consultants, 566 F.3d 1203 (10th Cir. 2009)
- Transguard Ins. Co.
- AXIS Insurance Co.
Other Outstanding Achievements:
- Board of Directors, Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, 2015
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude, 1981.