About Wil Florin
Admitted 1980, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://florinroebig.com/pages/our-team/
Honors and Awards:
- 2010-Present, Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Florida, The National Trial Lawyers
- 2014, Top 100 Verdicts in America, National Law Journal
- 2010-Present, Best Lawyers in America- Medical Malpractice, Plaintiffs, Best Lawyers
- 2007, The Paul May Meritorious Service Award recognizes years of support of Stetson University College of Law and its students., Outstanding Alumni Award, Stetson Lawyers Association
- Top Rated Lawyers, The American Lawyer
- 2004, Board Certified Pretrial Practice Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- 1990, Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- 1988, Board Certified Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- 1980, Texas Bar, Member
- 1982, Florida Bar, Member
- Member of Board of Overseers; Stetson University College of Law 2014-Present
Pro bono/Community Service:
- In 1993, Florin Roebig courtroom was built for the advancement of legal education at Stetson University College of Law. The courtroom is one of the largest and most technologically advanced teaching courtrooms in the nation. It is regularly used as a teaching and competition classroom by the law school, but also regularly serves as a venue for The Florida Second District Court of Appeals to present oral arguments. Florin Roebig courtroom underwent further renovations and upgrades that were made by the firm before being rededicated by Stetson Law in 2006. The resulting positive impact of the courtroom led to the selection of Wil Florin and Tommy Roebig as recipients of the Paul May outstanding alumni award in 2007 by the 6,000 member Stetson Lawyer’s Association.
- To carry out our passion for community improvement, we often use our expansive law firm grounds in Palm Harbor, Florida to host charity events, with a focus on benefitting children’s organizations in the Tampa Bay area. These events include our annual Candyland Winter Wonderland (pictured), our annual Easter Egg Hunt, bicycle safety day, the skateboard challenge, family big screen outdoor movie night, physician/lawyer wiffle golf, as well as numerous other community-based events open to the public.
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Adjunct Professor of Trial Practice; Stetson University College of Law, 1987
Verdicts and Settlements:
- 2016, $42 million jury verdict against Applebee's and others (largest contested jury verdict in Hernando County history)
- 2014, $47.4 million jury verdict against Tampa Bay area day spa and massage therapist (largest jury verdict in Pasco County history, second largest jury verdict in Florida of the year)
- 2005, $15 million jury verdict, trucking negligence trial (4th largest reported verdict in state)
Other Outstanding Achievements:
- No Pinellas/Pasco attorney has obtained more million dollar jury verdicts [thirteen (13) including two (2) over $40 million] or more million dollar medical malpractice jury verdicts [seven (7)] than Wil H. Florin.
- Ball State University, B.A.