The law firm of McDonald & Cody, LLC has two main practice areas. Personal Injury and Motor Vehicle crimes. For a comprhensive look at the type of the firm's cases there are two web sites mcdonaldcody.com and northgeorigalegal.com. At the personal injur web page there are tabs that show cases currently in litigaiton and past results.
About Gus McDonald
Admitted: 1995, Georgia
Professional Webpage: www.mcdonaldcody.com/gus-mcdonald
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- speaker, How to win your case before trial begins, ICLE, Georgia Laywers, 2013
- Georgia Law Update, speaker, Navigating Vehicular Homicide and the Civil Case, 2011
- 1st Annual Training Super Symposium, speaker, Chemical Evidence, 2010
- NACDL & NCDD's 2008 Seminar, speaker, Cross Examination of the Blood Tech, 2008
- Defense of Drinking Drivers Institute, speaker, How to Pick a Winning Jury for Your DUI Client, 2008
- New World DUI Seminar in South Carolina, speaker, How Violations Are Reported to Other States - Affect on Violators in Home State, 2008
- DUI Trial Practice Update - ICLE, speaker, Attacking the Crime Lab Results, 2007
- NACDL, NCDD, ICLE, speaker, DUI Blood, 2007
- Defense of Drinking Drivers Institute, speaker, Cross-Examining the Chemical Expert in Blood Cases, 2006
- Las Vegas, Boston, Kansas, South Carolina, Georgia, speaker, DUI Blood, 2006
- NACDL & NCDD 10th Annual DUI Seminar, speaker, Blood Testing, 2006
- GA Public Safety Training Center, speaker, DUI Case Preparation & Courtroom Presentation, 2005
- DUI Case Preparation & Courtroom Presentation, speaker, DUI Case Preparation & Courtroom Presentation, 2004
- GACDL Winter Seminar, speaker, Trouble at the Crime Lab, 2004
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center, speaker, DUI Case Preparation & Courtroom Presentation, 2004
- License Revocation & Suspension Seminar, speaker, Reasonable Suspicion v. Probable Cause, 2004
- NACDLE & NCDD's 8th Annual DUI Seminar, speaker, Blood Tests Revisited, 2004
- Defending a Traffic Case Agenda, speaker, Traffic Case Law Update & Libation Legislation, 2003
- Defense of Drinking Drivers Institute, speaker, Sentencing & Punishment: Effective Techniques for Entering a Plea, 2003
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center, speaker, DUI Case Preparation & Courtroom Presentation, 2003
- NACDL & NCDD's 7th Annual DUI Seminar, speaker, Mitigating Punishment in DUI Sentencing, 2003
- National College for DUI Defense 2003 Summer Session, speaker, Punishment, 2003
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center, speaker, DUI Case Preparation & Courtroom Presentation, 2002
- NACDL & NCDD 2002 DUI Seminar, speaker, Skills That Win Cases, 2002
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center, speaker, DUI Case Preparation & Courtroom Presentation, 2001
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center, speaker, DUI Case Preparation & Courtroom Presentation, 2000
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center, speaker, DUI Case Preparation & Courtroom Presentation, 1999
- Gus remains an active speaker for Georgia ICLE and NACDL for topics such as: Refusal to Submit to Testing Breath Alcohol, Blood Testing, Cross-Examination, License Suspension, Arrest, Punishment, Intox Testing, speaker, DUI Litigation, 200
Verdicts and Settlements:
- Vehicular Homicide Acquittals, 2007
- 2012 $4,450,000Wrongful death teenager.
2012 $2,250,000Tractor trailer injury.
2012 $100.000Auto accident limits tendered.
2012 $125,000Auto accident limits tendered.
July 15, 2011 $3,250,000 Cash SettlementPlaintiff’s husband was killed when his vehicle was struck by another vehicle that was towing a utility trailer loaded with product. When the trailer reached highway speeds, it began to violently sway and the driver lost control and struck the decedent’s vehicle. Plaintiffs filed suit against the driver of the vehicle that lost control and against the person that loaded the trailer and that person’s employer. Decedent was 71 years old at the time of his death. July 7, 2011MCC hired to investigate drunk driving collision following serious injuries to client who was life-flighted to Erlanger Hospital. July 5, 2011Matt Cook lends pro bono support with GTLA to victims of drunk driver which leads to in the Georgia Supreme Court’s ruling in Flores v. ExprezitA Stores 98-Georgia, LLC, — S.E.2d —-, 2011 WL 2610393, Ga., 2011. June 28, 2011MCC hired after Cement Truck injures Plaintiff in collision and leaves the scene of the wreck. June 8, 2011Matt Cook and Gus McDonald file suit in Road Rage Incident in Dawson County. June 4, 2011Gus McDonald featured presenter at Masters of Trial in Georgia, 2010. May 13, 2011Gus McDonald featured speaker at Institute of Continuing Legal Education: Vehicular Homicide and Wrongful Death May 9 2011Gerald Cody again forces Insurance Company to Pay in Excess of its policy limits. April 17, 2011MCC hired to represent family of man killed by drunk driver after leaving a Cartersville restaurant and bar April 11, 2011Gus McDonald wins jury trial in Dawsonville. April 8, 2011Gerald Cody helps secure a confidential, cash settlement in a products liability case following the death of a 15 year old girl. April 5, 2011Matt Cook secures a confidential cash settlement for 90 year old client injured in a collision with a tractor-trailer. March 18, 2011Matt Cook featured speaker at Institute of Continuing Legal Education In Georgia: Personal Injury Cases Best Verdicts. March 17, 2011Matt Cook and Gerald Cody Force Insurance Company to Pay 5 ½ times Policy Limits. March 17, 2011Gerald Cody secures confidential cash settlement for man severely injured in collision in Columbus, Ga. February 24, 2011MCC hired in fiery tractor trailer crash in South Georgia. http://www.walb.com/story/14031359/semi-crash-update?redirected=true February 16, 2011Gus McDonald wins civil jury trial in business dispute case.