Darleen M. Jacobs is the managing partner of her firm. Her offices are located in New Orleans and Violet. Her firm specializes in personal injury, general negligence, medical malpractice, maritime, Jones Act, and class action law. She received her B.A. degree from LSUNO, her J.D. degree from Loyola School of Law, and her Master's in Admiralty Law from Tulane Law School. She is a member of the LTLA, NYSTLA, NBOTA, New Orleans Bar Association, St. Bernard Bar Association, DCBAR, and the NYSBA. Darleen is AV-rated and was recognized as a preeminent lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell. In 2014 she was selected for the cover of Super Lawyers magazine in Louisiana. She is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. She received over 68 judgments for $1 million or more and one judgment in excess of $3 billion dollars. She is admitted to practice law in the States of Louisiana, New York and District of Columbia.
Articles about Darleen Jacobs appearing in Super Lawyers
From Clover Grill to the Courthouse
PI attorney Darleen M. Jacobs flipped burgers before she filed cases
About Darleen Jacobs
Admitted: 1970, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: www.lawyers.com/new-orleans/louisiana/Darleen-M-Jacobs-60320...
Honors and Awards:
- In January, 1986 Ms. Jacobs was recognized by the American Trial Lawyers Association in "Trial", their national publication as "Master of the Month" and was a speaker for that organization at the Melvin Belli seminars on two occasions.
- National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
- Masters in Admiralty Law from Tulane Law School
- Ms. Jacobs is a licensed auctioneer in the state of Louisiana and a licensed real estate broker in the state of Louisiana and Mississippi.
- Ms. Jacobs is active in the St. Bernard Bar Association, Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association, New Orleans Bar Association, Jefferson Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, American Bar Association, National Board of Trial Advocacy, District of Columbia Bar Association, New York Bar Association and the New York Trial Lawyers Association. She is also a member of the New Orleans Board of Realtors, Louisiana Realtors Association, National Realtors Association, Council of Women Realtors, Louisiana Oil Marketers Association and the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association. She Secretary/Treasurer of the Auctioneers Licensing Board for the State of Louisiana.
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Ms. Jacobs has lectured for the Louisiana State Bar Association in the field of Labor Relations, Title VII Litigation and class action litigation. She has also lectured for the American Trial Lawyers Association. She is co-author of "Crashworthiness - ATLA Anthology Series."
Verdicts and Settlements:
- Throughout her 45 year trial career, Ms. Jacobs has obtained 68 judgments and/or settlements in the amount of one million or more for clients, including a $12 million dollar judgment for one claimant in Civil District Court. In September, 1997, Ms. Jacobs was on a trial team representing 8,043 claimants in Leonard Adams, et al v. CSX Railroad. Ms. Jacobs represented the selected plaintiffs and argued quantum and punitive and compensatory damages. The Jury awarded 3.4 billion dollars in punitive damages and 2.1 million in compensatory damages. She successfully served as chairman of the Baxter breast implant trial team and obtained a $43 million dollar settlement for Louisiana women. The total settlement for Louisiana women with breast implants was in excess of Two Hundred Million Dollars.
- Ms. Jacobs attended public schools before entering L.S.U.N.O.. There, she received a B.A. in pre-law business. She graduated from Loyola School of Law in 1970. In 1980, she received her Masters of Admiralty Law Degree from Tulane Law School.