About Scott Goodwin
Admitted 1986, Michigan
Honors and Awards:
- LAWYER OF THE YEAR. MI Lawyers weekly selected ten MI Attorneys out of 30000 who stood out from the crowd during 2004 by winning important cases, being involved in matters that raise challenging legal issues and otherwise furthering the profession`s commitment to the rule of law and concept of justice. Best lawyers in America 2014, DBbusiness Top Lawyers in MI 2009, 2010 and 2012 in the area of Auto accident,Trucking accidents and Dog bite claims. Martindale Hubbell AV preeminent Highest rating for ethical and legal ability. Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum.Recently,been chosen as a top 100 lawyer for the National Trial Lawyers Association. Superlawyer top 100 and top 50 in consumer law., Lawyer of the year, Lawyers Weekly
- Immediate Past President Michigan Association for Justice the premier Plaintiff trial lawyer association in MI. American Association for Justice MI State Delegate, Executive Board member of Michigan Association for Justice. Chairman of Judicial Qualifications committee, Chairman of membership and co-chair of Media committee. Auto No-Fault Task force. American bar association member. Member million dollar advocates forum.National Trial Lawyers top 100 Trial Lawyers.Oakland County Bar association., 2015
Pro bono/Community Service:
- Every year for past 28 years I have held a free law day where I assemble over 40 attorney`s who donate their time to the community free of charge to assist folks with Legal problems. In addition we give away free of charge bicycle helmets which are expertly fitted by trained staff from Children`s hospital of MI. For the last few years we also, have given out free smoke detectors donated by ACE hardware.This is annual event where folks receive free legal advice, free food , free bicycle helmets and it is broadcast live on the radio. We have provided over ten thousand free safety bike helmets to the public free of charge.
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Speaker at 2015 Michigan Association for Justice Seminar in the snow. No Fault Wage Loss PIP benefits., Speaker, NO FAULT PIP wage loss, 2015
- 2012 MAJ Rapid Fire seminar speaker on PIP No Fault benefits, Speaker, Michigan Association For Justice, 2012
Verdicts and Settlements:
- Recent resolutions 1.8 million dollar settlement for Motorcyclist who was hit by truck 1.4 million Pedestrian struck by City of Detroit bus, 1.4 million award against Drunk driver. 1.4 million Underinsured motorist award,1 million for child injured on a hayride, 1 million for a college student struck in a crosswalk, 985,000 Underinsured award for a rear seat passenger who was injured in an auto crash and was ejected from his vehicle. 800,000 Auto crash where client suffered closed head injury 1.1 million propane explosion at private home and 625,000 for a homemaker struck by a school bus. 525,000 for a resident Dr. struck by a semi-truck on the highway. 350000 for a woman bitten by a pitbull. 800,000 truck driver visting plant for pick up whose feet were crushed by HI LO. One Million dollars for driver of truck T-boned by window company stake truck.
- Over the past 28 years I have assembled numerous settlements and arbitration awards well in excess of millions of dollars