Prior to establishing Tebano & Associates, PLLC, Ms. Tebano was a principal at Ainsworth, Sullivan, Tracy, Knauf, Warner & Ruslander, PC, an Albany area firm, for over 16 years. She is admitted to practice before all courts in the states of New York, New Jersey, North Carolina and Florida. She is admitted to practice before the Northern District of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit, and the U.S. Tax Court.
After nearly two decades of practice, Ms. Tebano offers extensive experience, both in and out of the court room setting, in the highly specialized areas of matrimonial law including agreements (prenuptial, postnuptial, and separation), custody and visitation, equitable distribution, spouse and child support valuations, enforcement and modification proceedings, awards of counsel fees and expert fees. Ms. Tebano also offers strategic, goal oriented representation in a variety of other practice areas, among them are matters involving all aspects of civil litigation, employment law, real estate transactions, and trusts and estates.
As an experienced litigator, Ms. Tebano has argued appeals at the state and federal levels. She is also a featured speaker for the National Business Institute (NBI) and Lorman Education Services on a variety of topics, including civil litigation, and family and matrimonial law.
About Maria Tebano
Admitted: 1992, New York
Professional Webpage: www.tebanolaw.com/Attorney-Profiles/Maria-Tebano.aspx
Honors and Awards:
- NADC is an organization dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence., Nation's Top Once Percent, The National Association of Distinguised Counsel, 2015
- Client Satisfaction! Maria was selected as one of the "10 Best" Attorneys for the State of New York. The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys recognizes excellence of practitioners in the field. This is an exclusive list of the "10 Best" Attorneys for New York Client Satisfaction in the practice area of Family Law. This is a significant achievement and we at Tebano & Associates thank our client's for this achievement., "10 Best", American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2014
- Maria has been recognized in 2014 by The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys which is an organization devoted to recognizing the top family law attorneys in the nation. The NAFLA awards the best family law attorneys in each state with the most prestigious honor of being named "TOP 10". Less than 1% of the attorneys make the list. The attorneys that make the list are those that have demonstrated an extraordinary amount of knowledge, skill, experience, expertise and success in the practice of family law., Top 10, The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2014
- Top Contributor Award, AVVO, 2014
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell, 2014
- Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, 2014
- Maria C. Tebano recently earned the prestigious "Client Distinction Award" from Martindale-Hubbell®. This award was made possible by her clients who completed a survey and rated her exceptional in the areas of:
• Communication Ability
• Quality of Service
• Value for Money
Ms. Tebano earned a Client Review Rating Score of 4.5 or higher on a scale of 1-5. Less than 4% of the 900,000+ attorneys listed on martindale.com and lawyers.com have been accorded this Martindale-Hubbell honor of distinction. This award serves as a point of reference which tells clients and potential clients, that others have confidence in her work. The Client Distinction Award rating is a nationally-recognized acknowledgment of an attorney's accomplishments and skills, and is known to position her among the elite
practitioners in the country. Tebano commented, "I am extremely honored that my clients have evaluated me as being worthy of such a highly-regarded distinction. I believe it is a testament to my continuous commitment to high ethical standards and quality legal work for my clients." It is Ms. Tebano's priority to provide clients with quality legal advice, outstanding customer service, and strong effective advocacy that delivers results.
See Ms. Tebano's client reviews: http://www.martindale.com/Maria-C-Tebano/386778-lawyer.htm, Client Distinction Award, Martindale Hubbell, 2013
- Ms. Tebano received the AV Preeminent designation signifying that she has been rated by judges and fellow attorneys as having the highest possible rating for legal abilities and ethical standards. The rating is awarded to less than five percent of all attorneys across the United States, and is the highest rating offered by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. The AV Preeminent rating is a nationally-recognized acknowledgment of an attorney's accomplishments and skills, and is known to position her among the elite practitioners in the country. Tebano commented, "I am extremely honored that judges and fellow attorneys have evaluated me as being worthy of such a highly-regarded distinction. I believe it is a testament to my continuous commitment to high ethical standards and quality legal work for my clients." It is Ms. Tebano's priority to provide clients with quality legal advice, outstanding customer service, and strong effective advocacy that delivers results. See Ms. Tebano's client reviews: http://www.martindale.com/Maria-C-Tebano/386778-lawyer.htm, AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale Hubbell, 2013
- 2013 Top Contributor Award, AVVO, 2013
- Maria received five or more 4 to 5 star client reviews on Avvo in 2012., Client's Choice Award, AVVO, 2012
- Maria Tebano has received a rating of 10.0 from AVVO. Avvo.com is an expert-only Q&A forum where people can ask legal questions of lawyers, for free., Superb Rating, AVVO, 2012
- Maria Tebano has received the AVVO 2012 Top Contributor's Award. Avvo.com is an expert-only Q&A forum where people can ask legal questions of lawyers, for free., 2012 Top Contributor Award, AVVO, 2012
- Maria obtained a Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M) from the University of Miami School of Law., 1992
- Ms. Tebano is admitted to practice law in the following jurisdictions: Florida in 1992, United States Tax Court in 1992, North Carolina in 1993, New York in 1994, New Jersey in 1994, the United States Federal Court, Northern District of New York in 1994 and the United States Second Circuit of Appeals in 2002. Ms. Tebano is also a member of the SCBA Civil and Criminal Litigation Committee.
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Damages in Personal Injury, National Business Institute, 2012
- Family Law A-Z, National Business Institute, 2012
- The Mechanics of New York Civil Procedure, National Business Institute, 2011
- Debt Collection and Judgment Enforcement, Lorman Education Services Publication, 2010
- Effective Case Presentation at Trial, National Business Institute, 2010
- New York Civil Procedure, National Business Institute, 2010
- Military Divorce, National Business Institute, 2009
- Failure to Propely Manage Personal Affairs After a Divorce, National Business Institute, 2008
- Master of Laws in Taxation from the University of Miami, 1992