Anna L. Hart
Top rated Family Law attorney in Birmingham, AlabamaHart Law LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Alabama since: 2006
Education: Samford University Cumberland School of Law
Hart Law LLC400 Vestavia Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35216 Visit website
As the sole attorney at Hart Law LLC, in Vestavia Hills, Alabama, Anna L. Hart works tirelessly to provide residents of Jefferson County and its surrounding areas with high-quality and compassionate legal services. She has earned a reputation as a fierce litigator, shrewd negotiator and committed advocate, and she uses her experience to help her clients with legal matters, including personal injury, criminal defense and family law.
After earning her Bachelor of Arts from Georgia State University, Ms. Hart attended Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law. She earned her Juris Doctor in 2005. Ms. Hart is a member of the Alabama State Bar and the Birmingham Bar Association, and she has earned the highest possible peer review rating of AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell. This indicates that judges and her fellow attorneys believe she faithfully adheres to the highest ethical standards of the legal profession.
Ms. Hart has been admitted to practice law before the state courts of Florida and Alabama, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern Districts of Florida and Alabama, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. She is also a registered mediator for the Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution, and the Alabama Judicial College has certified her as a guardian ad litem.
During her distinguished legal career, Ms. Hart has advocated on behalf of plaintiffs injured by major tobacco and pharmaceutical companies and shareholders defrauded by a leading health care provider. She is a former chair of the Birmingham Bar Association’s Membership Committee and a co-chair of the Alabama State Bar’s Lawyer Assistance Program Committee. She has also been recognized as one of the top women attorneys in Birmingham by B-Metro magazine.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Alimony & Spousal Support, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault, Assault & Battery, Brain Injury, Child Support, Construction Accident, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Law, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, Father's Rights, Felony, Juvenile Law, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Name Change, Paternity, Personal Injury - Defense, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law, Sex Offenses, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Theft, Traffic Violations, Wrongful Death
- 80% Family Law
- 10% Criminal Defense
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2006, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.hartlawllc.com/attorney-profile/anna-l-hart/
- Best Lawyers® for Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs, 2018
- AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers® as a Mid-South Rising Star, Family Law, 2016 - 2017
- Guardian ad Litem
- Admission to Florida Bar, 2010
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- Birmingham Bar Association-Member, 2023
- B.A., Georgia State University, 1999
- Recognized by B Metro Magazine as one of Birmingham's Top Women Lawyers of 2015, 2015
Office location for Anna L. Hart
400 Vestavia Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35216
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2017