Brett H. Knight
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Birmingham, AL
Brett H. Knight is an attorney and partner at Jaffe, Hanle, Whisonant & Knight, P.C., in Birmingham, Alabama. Mr. Knight practices criminal defense law, as well as general civil litigation, handling matters involving drug crimes, DUI and white collar crime. He represents clients throughout the Birmingham area who are facing criminal charges.
Over his time in practice, Mr. Knight has successfully tried many cases involving complex criminal matters. He understands the traumatic impact of a criminal arrest or charge and is committed to guiding his clients through each step of the process and aggressively advocating on their behalf.
Mr. Knight enjoys staying involved in his legal community. He is a member of professional associations including the Birmingham Bar Association, the Alabama State Bar’s Young Lawyers Section, the General Birmingham Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Cumberland School of Law chapter of the American Inns of Court.
Born and raised in Selma, Alabama, Mr. Knight graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Alabama. During undergraduate school, he was a member of several academic honor societies. He earned his law degree from Samford University Cumberland School of Law, where he was a member of the university’s trial advocacy board and co-chair of the national trial competition.
Mr. Knight obtained his license to practice law in 2012. He is qualified to appear before all Alabama state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama and the Supreme Court of Alabama.
About Brett H. Knight
First Admitted: 2012, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.rjaffelaw.com/attorneys/brett-h-knight/
- Supreme Court of Alabama, 2012
- Alabama Young Lawyer's Association
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 2012
- Alabama, 2012
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Greater Birmingham Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National Association Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers
- P.C. V. State
- R.G. V. State
- M.T. V. The State
- M.S. V. State
- Y.Z. V. State
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, America’s Inns of Court, Cumberland School of Law
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, B.S., Major: Political Science, magna cum laude, Honors: University Honors Program, Sigma Alpha Lambda (National Leadership and Honor Organization), Phi Eta Sigma (Freshman Honor Society), National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Golden Key Honour Society, Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honor Society), May, 2009
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, National Negotiation Team, 2010
- Co-Chair, Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, National Trial Competition
- Senior Membership, Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Trial Advocacy Board
- Board Member, Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Trial Advocacy Board
- Read this review and more, here: https://t.co/S8APrRHPFr https://t.co/FCJYOpAKnb
- J.C. was charged with Attempted Murder and Animal Cruelty. The District Court quickly found in J.C.’s favor and di… https://t.co/t1DEYvyYQB
- Attorneys Richard Jaffe and Michael Whisonant secured an incredible outcome! After a three-day trial, the jury retu… https://t.co/4nf9mxxc0x
- We are proud to announce that Jaffe, Hanle, Whisonant & Knight, P.C. has been nominated for the Best Criminal Defen… https://t.co/f9NWlXmq6O
- Christopher W. Adams, president of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), spoke highly of At… https://t.co/7l97hIPomJ
Last Updated: 8/6/2022