Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Birmingham, AL
Attorney Christopher Daniel is a partner at Sheffield & Lentine PC in Birmingham, Alabama. Mr. Daniel devotes his practice to criminal defense and appellate work, serving clients in Birmingham and the surrounding areas.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Daniel has received acknowledgement for his experience and accomplishments. The National Trial Lawyers named him one of the “top 40 trial lawyers under 40” and the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys named him one of the “top 10 under 40.” Birmingham and B-metro magazines also featured him as a top criminal defense attorney.
When he is not running his law practice, Mr. Daniel enjoys staying active in his legal and professional communities. He is a member of the Birmingham Bar Association and the Alabama State Bar leadership forums. He sits on the boards of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation and the Red Mountain Theatre Company and is a trustee for the Daniel Foundation of Alabama.
Mr. Daniel received a bachelor’s degree in English from Birmingham-Southern College and earned his law degree from Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law. Following law school, he obtained a master’s in business administration from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
While attending law school, Mr. Daniel served on the school’s trial advocacy board and received several scholar of merit awards. He was a member of the dean’s list and the winner of various scholar advocacy competitions. After earning his degree, he obtained his license to practice law in Alabama. He is eligible to appear before all Alabama state and federal courts and the Supreme Court of the United States.
- 80%Criminal Defense
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, Appeals
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2022
About Christopher Daniel
First Admitted: 2011, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.sheffieldlentine.com/staff/christopher-daniel/
- , Top Lawyers, B-Metro Magazine
- , Top Lawyers, Birmingham Magazine
- , Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers
- , Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- , Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- , Leadership Forum, Alabama Bar Association, 2018
- , Future Leader's Forum, Birmingham Bar Association, 2015
- Middle District of Alabama
- United States Supreme Court
- Southern District of Alabama
- Northern District of Alabama
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Red Mountain Theater
- Trustee, Daniel Foundation of Alabama
- Board, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation
- Canterbury United Methodist Church
- University of Alabama, Masters in Business Administration , 2014
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, JD., 2011
- Birmingham-Southern College, B.A. , 2008
Last Updated: 6/21/2022