Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Birmingham, AL
Highly regarded throughout the legal community, Floyd Gaines focuses his practice in defending businesses through complex litigation. Additionally, he is an advocate for people who have suffered personal injury incidents. As a partner at Gaines LLC, he takes cases in Birmingham, Alabama, and throughout the state.
Mr. Gaines has years of experience in arbitration as well as jury trials in both state and federal courts. His clients include national corporations, individuals and more. In any case that comes across his desk, he takes a proactive approach. Using innovative tactics and out-of-the-box thinking, Mr. Gaines develops strategies that target short- and long-term goals on behalf of his clients. He knows that in both business defense and personal injury, the bottom line is often of the utmost importance. He seeks to preserve clients’ assets or target maximum compensation.
As a direct result of his successes and exceptional customer service, Mr. Gaines has earned a number of accolades. For example, he has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America; he holds an Avvo “Superb” rating; and he has received the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Gaines is a member of the American Bar Association, the Birmingham Bar Association, the Alabama State Bar Association, the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association and the Defense Research Institute (DRI) – The Voice of the Defense Bar.
In 1984, Mr. Gaines received a Bachelor of Science from The University of Alabama. He later attended the Hugh F. Culverhouse Jr. School of Law at The University of Alabama, graduating with a Juris Doctor in 1992.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Floyd Gaines
First Admitted: 1992, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.gainesllc.com/floyd-gaines/
- Alabama State Bar, 1992
- University of Alabama School of Law, JD, 1992
- University of Alabama, BA, Accounting, 1984
- AV Rated by peers via Martindale, AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2019
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association Of Defense Counsel
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022