Jane F. Mauzy
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Birmingham, AL
Jane F. Mauzy is an attorney at Marsh, Rickard & Bryan, P.C., where she devotes the primary portion of her practice to personal injury and wrongful death litigation. She works out of the firm’s offices in Birmingham, Alabama, and provides representation to clients throughout the state. Ms. Mauzy has been with the firm for her entire legal career, and she is admitted to practice in Alabama as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Alabama.
Ms. Mauzy has handled a variety of complex personal injury and wrongful death cases since she has been with the firm. Her experience has encompassed surgical errors and other forms of medical malpractice, defective products, motor vehicle crashes, nursing home neglect and abuse, construction site and other workplace accidents, and premises liability. Ms. Mauzy’s clients have benefitted from her trial and settlement negotiating skills through their receipt of substantial amounts of compensation for the losses that they have incurred that result from the negligence or recklessness of other parties.
Ms. Mauzy has also worked on other types of civil litigation as well, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial cases arising out of contract and other types of business disputes, insurance coverage matters, and shareholder claims. She joined the firm after obtaining her legal education at Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law in Birmingham and graduating in 2011. Prior to law school, Ms. Mauzy majored in religion at Sewanee: The University of the South, and she received her Bachelor of Arts in 2005. Her professional affiliations include the Alabama Association for Justice.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Business Litigation
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices
- Rising Stars: 2021
About Jane F. Mauzy
First Admitted: 2011, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.mrblaw.com/attorney/mauzy-jane-fulton/
- Trade Secrets – Confidential Settlement In Birmingham Federal Court: Mike Beard, Rip Andrews, Derrick Mills, David Marsh and Jane Mauzy settled an intellectual property case for an Alabama-based small business against a national corporation recognized as one of the world’s largest makers and suppliers of professional audio equipment. The Alabama business came up with a unique design for a wakeboard tower speaker. The allegation was that the national corporation wrongfully used the design in violation of a confidentiality agreement entered into between the parties. Once its trade secret was misappropriated, the Alabama business found it impossible to exercise its ownership rights and locate a new manufacturer capable of bringing the product to market. As a result, the Alabama business was forced to file a lawsuit in order to recover the value of the trade secret and right this wrong.
- Scholar of Merit in copyright Law, Spring, 2010
- Not Dead Yet: The “Holy Grail” of Hospital Agency in the Wake of Bain v. Colbert Cnty. Northwest Ala. Health Care Auth., The ALAJ Journal, Spring, 2018
- The University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee
- Alabama, 2011
- Alabama Association for Justice, Member, 2012 - Present
- Alabama State Bar, Member, 2011 - Present
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 2012
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 2012
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 2012
Last Updated: 8/9/2022