Jeffrey C. Rickard
Top rated personal injury attorney in Birmingham, AlabamaMarsh, Rickard & Bryan, P.C.
Jeffrey (Jeff) C. Rickard is a partner with Marsh, Rickard & Bryan, P.C., a Birmingham, Alabama, law firm focusing on plaintiff’s personal injury litigation, business litigation and insurance disputes. In his practice at the firm, Jeff uses his 20-plus years of experience to protect the rights and interests of injured victims and surviving family members, with a particular emphasis on cases involving unreasonably dangerous and defective products. Over the course of his career, Jeff has also had extensive experience with construction site cases that involve OSHA violations.
Jeff graduated from Auburn University in 1985 and from the Cumberland School of Law in 1989. While in law school, he was a two-time winner of the Judge James O. Haley Mock Trial Competition and a national semi-finalist in the American Trial Lawyers Association Mock Trial Competition. He is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Birmingham Bar Association and the State Bar of Alabama. Hewas formerly the President of both the American Journal of Trial Advocacy National Alumni Foundation and the Alabama Association for Justice. He has been chosen as a SuperLawyer since 2011.
445 Dexter Avenue, Suite 4050
Montgomery, AL 36104
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff, Business litigation, General litigation
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Litigation
- 60% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 10% Business litigation
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 1989, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.mrblaw.com/attorney/rickard-jeffrey-c/
- Trucking Death – Confidential Settlement in Calhoun County, Alabama: Jeff Rickard and Rip Andrews represented the family of a 34-year-old woman who died when the car she was riding in was struck by a commercial tractor-trailer rig. The wreck happened at a major intersection in Calhoun County. The driver of the tractor trailer rig failed to stop and struck our client’s car in the middle of the intersection on the driver’s side. The driver claimed an air leak in the line to the trailer brakes caused the brakes to overheat. Jeff and Rip developed expert testimony disproving that claim and proved the driver of the tractor trailer made serious driving errors that caused the wreck including “cooking” the rig’s brakes making them useless by the time the truck reached the intersection.
- Trucking Case – Confidential Settlement In Calhoun County, Alabama: Jeff Rickard and David Marsh settled a case on behalf of a young mother of two small children who was seriously injured when an 18-wheeler crashed into her automobile from behind, knocking her across the median and into oncoming eastbound I-20 traffic. She was then struck head-on by another tractor-trailer. The case focused on Federal Motor Carrier safety rules and regulations, including provisions on driver disqualification. As a result of the wreck, our client suffered a spinal cord injury and a traumatic brain injury. She is now a paraplegic and will be confined to a wheelchair the rest of her life. The settlement took into account the fact that her husband is now her primary caregiver.
- Broken Pledge – Confidential Settlement in Lee County, Alabama: Jeff Rickard represented two college students who were seriously injured as a result of fraternity hazing. The lawsuits against a national fraternity organization came about after the students went through an initiation ritual known as “Hell Night”. During the event, the young men, who were blind-folded, were struck by various objects about their bodies. Both required lengthy hospitalization for their internal injuries. The lawsuits settled short of trial for a confidential sum.
- Delta Sigma Pi
- Pi Kappa Alpha
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Alabama, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 1989
- Sustaining Member, Executive Committee, Alabama Association for Justice, 1996 - Present
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 1989
- Member, State Bar of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 1989
- Member, Birmingham Bar Association
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama, B.S., 1985
Office location for Jeffrey C. Rickard
800 Shades Creek Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35209
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022
Find me online
- Ex-Alabama doctor gets more than 11 years in prison for writing 1,600 illegal opioid prescriptions https://t.co/TYXcfZmWGM
- 82-year-old Alabama woman’s arrest for not paying trash bill stirs outrage https://t.co/TVql5lsVhy
- Judge guts Roy Moore defamation lawsuit in Etowah County https://t.co/RQRsUJHgUW