Jessie Keating Hardy
Top rated Family Law attorney in Birmingham, AlabamaJ. Hardy Family Law
The founding member of J. Hardy Family Law, Jessie Keating Hardy represents clients in and around the Birmingham, Alabama metro area. Her focus is on divorce and family law, including the following legal topics: contempt, postnuptial and prenuptial agreements, modifications, property division, custody and visitation, and contested divorce. Named by B-Metro Magazine as a Top Women Attorney in 2020, she was also included as a Rising Star Lawyer by peers in the Birmingham Bar Association in 2017.
B-Metro Magazine also named Ms. Hardy a Top Flight Attorney in both 2014 and 2019, and she was first admitted to practice in the state of Alabama in 2011. At Florida State University, she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Criminology before moving on to law school at the University of Alabama School of Law, where she earned her Juris Doctor in 2010. She served as the Journal of the Legal Profession’s Senior Editor while in law school, offering commentary and research on professional legal ethics.
A member of the 2015 Future Leaders Forum of the Birmingham Bar Association, Ms. Hardy is also a member of the Alabama State Bar Family Law Section Conference. She directed the Divorce on the Beach Continuing Legal Education Conference in 2015, and she has spent over a decade volunteering her time with the Birmingham Volunteer Lawyers Project.
Ms. Hardy is a Board Member off Pathways, member of the Junior League of Birmingham and serves as a Second Saturday Attorney Presenter. She takes on pro bono cases when possible, and each week she volunteers with the Domestic Relations Help Desk of the Volunteer Lawyers Program.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2011, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://jhardyfamilylaw.com/our-team/jessie-keating-hardy-es...
- Birmingham Volunteer Lawyers Project, 2011 – Present
- Incoming Chair of the Family Law Section of the Alabama State Bar
- Family Law Sections of the American and Alabama State Bar Associations
- Second Saturday Attorney Presenter
- Member, Junior League of Birmingham
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Birmingham Bar Association
- Member, Alabama State Bar Association
- Member, State of Florida Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association - Future Leaders Forum, Class of 2015, 2015
- Divorce on the Beach, Alabama Bar Family Law Section Conference - Committee Member
- Director, Divorce on the Beach CLE Conference (Family Law Section), 2015 – Present
- Florida State University, Undergraduate Degree, 2006
- Nominated by her peers in the Birmingham Bar Association, Rising Star Lawyer, Birmingham Bar Association, 2017
- Jessie was selected as a Rising Star in Family Law by Super Lawyers in 2021-2022., Rising Star Super Lawyers in Family Law, Super Lawyers, 2021
- , Future Leadership Scholar, Future Leader of the Birmingham Bar Association, 2015
- Jessie was selected by the B-Metro Magazine as a "Top Women Attorney" in Birmingham, Top Women Attorney, B·Metro Magazine, 2020
- Recognized as a Top Flight Attorney, March 2014 issue, Top Flight Attorney, B-Metro Magazine, 2014
- Recognized as a Top Flight Attorney, March 2019 issue, Top Flight Attorney, B-Metro Magazine, 2019
Office location for Jessie Keating Hardy
200 Office Park Dr
Birmingham, AL 35223
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023