Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Birmingham, AlabamaBodewell Injury Group
Mr. Owen's practice focuses primarily on plaintiff personal injury and wrongful death litigation and appellate matters. Mr. Owen has extensive experience litigating medical malpractice, motor vehicle collision, trucking/commercial carrier collision, slip-and-fall/trip-and-fall/premises liability, dram shop liability, and business dispute cases. Mr. Owen has represented both individual persons, families, and businesses in various matters across multiple states, especially in Alabama. He is a Co-Chair of the appellate committee for the Alabama trial lawyers association and a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. Mr. Owen has also been recognized consistently by multiple national attorney rating/ranking societies and services for his exceptional attributes and accomplishments as a lawyer.
Mr. Owen graduated from the University of Virginia and Cumberland School of Law (Samford University). He is a founding partner of his law firm, Bodewell, LLP (Bodewell Legal Group).
(This SuperLawyers profile is not intended as advertising or as solicitation for legal services).
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Appellate, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2009, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-owen-b7640515/
- Graduated from University of Virginia with a Bachelor of Arts in English Language & Literature, 2004
- Selected as a Co-Chair of the appellate committee for the Alabama Association for Justice, which is the trial lawyers' association for Alabama lawyers. Mr. Owen has served in a Co-Chair position on that committee consistently since 2017., 2017
- Obtained $120 million jury verdict in a dram shop action involving a motor vehicle collision that resulted in catastrophic injuries to two teenagers and caused the death of two other teenagers., 2019
- Obtained $10 million jury verdict in a medical malpractice action involving failures and delays in diagnosing and treating meningitis in a three year-old child., 2016
- Obtained $3.5 million jury verdict in a medical malpractice action involving failures and delays in diagnosing a spinal cord injury in a teenager with cerebral palsy after the patient suffered a fall down a flight of stairs., 2013
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2021