Leigh Reynolds Byers
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Birmingham, AL
A co-founder of Nolan Byers, PC, Leigh Reynolds Byers focuses her practice exclusively on family law matters. From the firm's office in Birmingham, Alabama, she provides representation to clients throughout the greater metropolitan area. Ms. Byers has been admitted to practice before all Alabama state courts since 2008.
Many of Ms. Byers's clients are people whose marriages are coming to an end and who are thus having to deal with such divorce-related legal matters as the division of assets and debts, spousal and child support, and child custody and visitation. A mother of a young daughter herself, she spends a lot of her time with divorcing clients who also have young children and who are concerned about the effect that the process might have on them. While she is a forceful courtroom advocate when litigation is necessary, Ms. Byers has extensive experience in mediation and collaborative law, and she will often encourage her clients to reach an accord on parenting issues through the use of those less-adversarial alternative dispute resolution methods.
In addition to her divorce caseload, Ms. Byers has handled a wide range of other family law matters, including the preparation and review of prenuptial agreements. She also works with clients whose marriages have already been dissolved and who are now seeking the enforcement of or modifications to existing parenting and support court orders.
Ms. Byers was born and raised in Alabama, and many of her family members were and are judges and practicing attorneys. She attended the University of Alabama as an undergraduate and received a Bachelor of Social Work cum laude in 2002. After working in California for two years, she returned to Tuscaloosa and enrolled at the University of Alabama School of Law, obtaining her Juris Doctor in 2007.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2020
About Leigh Reynolds Byers
First Admitted: 2008, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://nolanbyers.com/bham-al-lawyers/leigh-reynolds-byers/
- Local County Courts of Central Alabama
- United States District Court for the Northern Division of Alabama
- State Bar of Alabama
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Advisor Board of the Public Interest Institute at the University of Alabama
- Birmingham Collaborative Alliance
- Member, Birmingham Bar Association
- Birmingham Professional Alliance
- Member, Family Law Section, Alabama Bar Association
- Member, Bessemer Bar Association
- Mediation Process and the Skills of Conflict Resolution
- University of Alabama, Bachelor of Social Work, Cum Laude, 2002
Last Updated: 5/15/2022