Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Birmingham, AL
- Free Consultation
Attorney Luke Montgomery is a member of Montgomery Ponder, LLC, law firm in Birmingham, Alabama. Nationally recognized as one of the top trial attorneys in his region as well as the entire country, Mr. Montgomery has more than 15 years of legal experience, and he devotes his practice to advocating on behalf of individuals and families who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Over the course of his legal career handling all types of complex personal injury and wrongful death claims, including class actions, Mr. Montgomery has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, defective and dangerous products, medical malpractice and other preventable tragedies. In addition, he has extensive experience handling matters involving business law and estate planning, and he has gained the respect and trust of his peers and clients alike.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Montgomery has earned a Top 100 Trial Lawyer designation from the National Trial Lawyers along with other consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received many excellent reviews from his satisfied clients who remark about his thoughtfulness and honesty as well as his aggressive approach to helping them achieve the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve, no matter how complicated their situations.
A 2003 graduate of the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Mr. Montgomery attended the University of Alabama School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2006. He is admitted to practice before all U.S. District Courts in Alabama, and he is an active member of the American and Alabama Associations for Justice, the Southern Trial Lawyers Association, the Alabama State Bar and the Birmingham Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
About Luke Montgomery
First Admitted: 2006, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.montgomeryponder.com/about-us/luke-montgomery/
- University of Alabama, B.S. in Finance, 2003
- Licensed to practice in the District Court for the Southern District of Alabama, 2006
- Licensed to practice in the District Court for the Middle District of Alabama, 2006
- Licensed to practice in the District Court for the Northern District of Alabama., 2006
- Licensed to practice in the Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama, 2009
- 2020 Mid-South Rising Stars list is an honor reserved for those lawyers who exhibit excellence in practice. Only 2.5% of attorneys in Mid-South receive this distinction. , Super Lawyers - Mid South Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2020
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 is an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state or region who meet stringent qualifications as civil plaintiff and/or criminal defense trial lawyers. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase objective and uniformly applied process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research. Membership is extended only to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state or region who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile measured by objective and uniformly applied standards in compliance with state bar and national Rule 4-7., TOP 100, The National Trial Lawyers, 2021
- Super Lawyers - 2020 Mid South Rising Stars, 2020
- Southern Trial Lawyers
- United States District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- Alabama State Bar
- Member of the Alabama Association of Justice - The Alabama Association of Justice's mission is to preserve and protect the constitutional right to a trial by jury guaranteed by the Seventh Amendment to the United States Constitution by ensuring that every person or business harmed or injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can hold wrongdoers accountable in the one room where everyone is equal – the courtroom., 2021
- Member of the American Association of Justice - The American Association for Justice, formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA®), provides trial attorneys with information, professional support and a nationwide network that enables them to most effectively and expertly represent clients. The mission of the American Association for Justice is to promote a fair and effective justice system—and to support the work of attorneys in their efforts to ensure that any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can obtain justice in America’s courtrooms, even when taking on the most powerful interests., 2021
- Member of the National Trial Lawyers - The National Trial Lawyers is a professional and business organization designed to promote excellence for modern day trial lawyers through professional development, education and networking. , 2021
- Confidential Wrongful Death Settlement - Luke represented the mother of a disabled child that died in a group home., 2020
- Confidential Settlement for Policy Limits - Luke represented a client that was seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident. As a result of lengthy litigation, the case was settled before Trial for policy limits., 2021
- Confidential Settlement for Policy Limits - Luke represented a client that was seriously injured by an intoxicated driver causing permanent brain injuries., 2019
- Confidential Wrongful Death Settlement for Policy Limits - Luke represented the son of a mother that was killed by an intoxicated driver., 2019
- Class Action Settlement - Luke represented a small business owner and class members that were wrongfully charged fees by a financial services company., 2018
- Confidential Settlement for Policy Limits - Luke represented a client that was violently struck by a negligent driver that ran a red light causing permanent injuries., 2018
Pro bono/Community Service
- Harris Early Learning Center - Parent Rep, 2021
- Associate Deacon at Mountain Brook Baptist Church, 2021
- Workshops, Inc.
- Red Elephant Club - Birmingham , 2021
- ALAJ Bill Reading Day, 2019
- Governmental Entities
- Small Businesses
Last Updated: 5/15/2022