Patrick K. Yeatts
Top rated Family Law attorney in Birmingham, AlabamaThe Yeatts Law Firm, LLC
As the founder and owner of The Yeatts Law Firm, LLC, in Birmingham, Alabama, attorney Patrick K. Yeatts provides exceptional representation and support to clients throughout his region who are going through a divorce or have some other serious family law issue they need to address. A highly compassionate and competent attorney, he has earned numerous awards and honors for his impeccable professionalism and service, and he has more than nine years of experience assisting clients with their issues involving child custody and support, adoptions and more.
Prior to establishing his own private practice, Mr. Yeatts worked as a staff attorney for The Legal Aid Society of Birmingham, where he helped numerous low-income families throughout his area who otherwise would not have access to quality legal counsel. Today, he brings this same level of selfless service to his clients to help them achieve the goals they seek, and he continues to advocate as a certified guardian ad litem on behalf of the rights of children caught up in contentious custody proceedings.
Also, a certified collaborative lawyer, Mr. Yeatts strives to help his clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements without the need for stressful, expensive and time-consuming court battles. However, he is also a highly experienced and tenacious trial advocate who will not hesitate to take his clients' matters to court when necessary.
Whether inside or outside the courtroom, Mr. Yeatts maintains an unwavering focus on his clients need in order to help them achieve the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Recognized for his success, he has earned designation as a Top Flight Attorney from B-Metro Magazine each year since 2016, and Birmingham Magazine named him as a Top Attorney for 2017. He also holds a Lead Counsel rating, and he has received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
In 2007, Mr. Yeatts graduated cum laude from Hampden-Sydney College as a National Honors and Dean's List Scholar. He then attended Cumberland School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2010. A Dean's List Scholar in law school as well, he received the Cumberland School of Law Certificate in Trial Advocacy, and he won the James O. Haley Federal Trial Competition.
Mr. Yeatts is a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, the Birmingham Collaborative Alliance and the Alabama State Bar Association. He is also a member of the Birmingham Bar Association's Collaborative Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution Executive Committees, and he once served as co-chair for the organization's Family, Domestic Relations & Juvenile Court Procedures Committee.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
First Admitted: 2010, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.yeattslawfirm.com/family-law-attorney/
- Named an Attorney to Watch for 2018 by Attorney at Law Magazine
- Named as a Top Attorney by Birmingham Magazine for 2017
- Named as a Rising Star by Birmingham Magazine for 2017
- Named as a Rising Star by Superlawyers for 2019
- http://birminghamcollaborative.com/, Birmingham Collaborative Alliance
- Named as a Top Flight Attorney for B-Metro Magazine for 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
- http://www.leadcounsel.org/attorney/patrick-yeatts, Lead Counsel Rated
- https://www.collaborativepractice.com/, IACP: International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Currently serve on the Alternative Dispute Resolution Executive Committee for the Birmingham Bar Association for 2017
- Currently serve on the Collaborative Law Committee for the Birmingham Bar Association for 2017
- Lead Counsel Rated - Family Law
- Certified Guardian-Ad-Litem
- Solo/Small Practice Section - Member
- Certified Collaborative Lawyer
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals - Member
- Birmingham Collaborative Alliance - Member
- Alabama State Bar Association - Member
- Family Law Section - Member
- Family, Domestic Relations & Juvenile Court Procedures Committee - Co-Chairman January 2013
- Birmingham Bar Association - Member
- Alabama State Bar - Member
- Cumberland School of Law, Birmingham, ALJuris Doctor, awarded May 2010, Winner of the James O. Haley Federal Trial Competition, Awarded the Cumberland School of Law Certificate in Trial Advocacy, Dean's List
- Hampden-Sydney College • Hampden-Sydney, VABachelor of Arts in Philosophy, May 2007, Graduated Cum Laude, Dean's Scholar, National Honors Scholar, Dean's List
Office location for Patrick K. Yeatts
2007 3rd Ave N
Birmingham, AL 35203
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023