Rhonda Pitts Chambers
Top Rated Appellate Attorney in Birmingham, AL
At Marsh, Richard & Bryan, P.C., Rhonda P. Chambers is a personal injury, litigation and appeals attorney. Representing those in Birmingham, Alabama, and throughout the state, she spends much of her time doing legal research and writing to prepare for appeal. A former member of the Standing Committee on the Rules of Appellate Procedure for the Alabama Supreme Court, she was named the Lawyer of the Year in Appellate Practice in 2018 by U.S. News & World Report.
Ms. Chambers is admitted to practice in the state of Alabama and before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. At Judson College, she earned a Bachelor of Arts before attending law school at Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. There, she earned her Juris Doctor in 1989.
After law school, Ms. Chambers had the opportunity to clerk for a member of the Alabama Supreme Court, where her passion for appellate law began. She is a member of the Alabama Association for Justice, the Birmingham Bar Association and the Alabama State Bar.
Passionate about giving back to her community, Ms. Chambers also volunteers her time with several worthy organizations. She is the director of the Alabama Pattern Jury Instructions, a nonprofit corporation. A member of the Birmingham Women’s Committee of 100, she is also chair of the board of directors for the Alabama Women’s Hall of Fame.
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2017
- Top 50: 2017 Women Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2015 Women Alabama Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2014 Alabama Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2014 Women Alabama Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2013 Women Alabama Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2012 Women Alabama Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2011 Women Alabama Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2009 Women Alabama Super Lawyers
Articles about Rhonda Pitts Chambers appearing in Super Lawyers
About Rhonda Pitts Chambers
First Admitted: 1989, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.mrblaw.com/attorney/chambers-rhonda-pitts/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Chair, Board of Directors Alabama Women’s Hall of Fame
- Director, Alabama Pattern Jury Instructions- Civil, an Alabama Non-Profit Corporation
- Birmingham Women’s Committee of 100
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Alabama, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Alabama Lawyer Board of Editors
- Best Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year 2018 for Appellate Practice
- Top 25 Women, Alabama Super Lawyers
- Judson College, B.A.
- Husband of Shelby County worker who died in industrial accident awarded $3 million in wrongful death suit https://t.co/ByjTQOuYo7
- Jay Barker guilty of reckless endangerment in incident involving Sara Evans https://t.co/5PIxtzUWjn
- Birmingham lawyer indicted on federal child exploitation charges https://t.co/nzG9Nbv1EL
- Huntsville woman sues police who shot her with rubber bullets https://t.co/S7OWRpv7C2
- Vestavia Hills man must pay $12 million, serve 15 years in father and son fraud that funded lavish lifestyle https://t.co/5RivXfgqtN
Last Updated: 5/15/2022