Thomas F. (Tom) Campbell
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Birmingham, AL
- Free Consultation
Tom Campbell leads nine lawyers that represent property owners with claims against termite and pest control companies. Mr. Campbell and his firm have tried and won more cases against termite companies than any lawyers in America.
His cases have received mentions in various local media outlets and publications including National Public Radio, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Birmingham Post-Herald, the National Law Journal, the American Bar Association Journal.
Distinguished for his legal capability and high ethical standards, Mr. Campbell is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell, their highest available rating. He has also been included in the publication The Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Campbell served as president of the student body (SGA) at the University of Alabama, worked as a commercial banker, and served as a legislative assistant to a U.S. senator prior to graduating from the University of Alabama School of Law.
Prior to founding Campbell Law PC, Mr. Campbell practiced at two private law firms, including a highly ranked national labor and employment law firm.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished, and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell®'s Peer Review Rating™ falls into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Thomas F. (Tom) Campbell
First Admitted: 1988, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://campbelllitigation.com/thomas-f-campbell/
- Member, American Association for Justice
- President, Young Lawyers Section, Birmingham Bar Association
- University of Alabama School of Business (BS, 1983) Outstanding Marketing Student, 1983
- $2,800,000+ Limited fund class action settlement against small pest control operator in Birmingham, Al. that allowed all customers with known termite damage to recover up to $50,000 per property. This is thought to be the only contested limited fund class action certification in Alabama legal history. A limited fund class is allowed when the aggregate injury exceeds the ability of the defendant and its insurers to pay all probable damages. In this event, all assets are collected and the Court approves an equitable distribution. , 2004
- $1,600,000 jury verdict in Harrison County, Ms. against Terminix. Terminix provided a fraudulent pre-sale inspection. , 2018
- $362,500 awarded against Terminix in Arkansas (including $290,000 in punitive damages) for cheating a Pentecostal preacher and his wife. Terminix represented to several successive owners that a house it had under contract for decades was termite-free when it knew the floor system was heavily damaged. , 2011
- Settlement of race discrimination class action case that required a pest company to revise hiring practices to alleviate discriminatory impact of old policies. , 2012
- $2,767,000 arbitration award against Terminix for CEO's wanton decision to dishonor repair and replacement guarantees and systemic fraud., 2019
- Confidential Settlement of 400+ homeowner's claims against Birmingham Pest Control Operator., 2015
- $1,030,000 arbitration award for fraudulently claiming to have provided termite prevention services with liquid and baits and adequate repairs of resulting termite damage., 2012
- $1,600,000+ arbitration award against Terminix for fraudulently claiming to have provided termite prevention service and making all repairs required in retired CEO's home. , 2018
- $3,100,000 jury verdict against Cook's Pest Control for fraudulent termite prevention services and pre-sale inspection report to doctor and his wife. , 2004
- $1,656,000 award in arbitration against Terminix for fraudulent termite prevention services. The arbitrator was a retired Georgia Judge. , 2019
- $2,600,000+ arbitration award against Orkin for systematically issuing illegal contracts in Mississippi that resulted in near-total destruction of home. , 2019
- $3,836,000 Award in AAA Consumer Arbitration against Terminix for homeowners included $2,000,000 award of punitive damages for systemic fraud. , 2020
- "Best Lawyers in America" for Commercial Litigation, 2011
- Highest Rating for Legal Ability and Ethics that can be bestowed by Martindale Hubbell
- President Young Lawyers Section, Birmingham Bar Association
- American Jurisprudence Book Award University of Alabama School of Law
- Jaycees Outstanding Young Man of the Year
- Executive Committee Birmingham Bar Association
- Outstanding Trial Advocate University of Alabama School of Law
- Student Body President University of Alabama 1982
- National Trial Advocacy Team Member University of Alabama School of Law
- Josh Wright does a great job asking Tom Campbell to explain the ins-and-outs of termite damage claims. , Campbell Interviewed by Lawyer About Termite Claims, Termite, Law, 2016
- What you should look for when hiring a termite lawyer. , What to Look For When Hiring a Termite Lawyer, Termite, Law, 2018
- Campbell uses a client's home to explain all of the termite prevention service evidence that is missing and obvious to a knowledgeable inspector. , How to Do Proper Termite Inspections for Damage and Adequate Treatment, Termite, Law, 2019
- Campbell explains how Alabama homeowners with the "Bait Defend Contract" have been scammed. , Terminix Fraudulent "Dual Control" Termite Contracts Explained, Termite, Law, 2020
- Some of the lawyers at Campbell Law PC inspect a client's modest home and make videos to demonstrate the badly damaged floor system. , Floor Collapsing from Termite Damage as Campbell's Lawyer's Inspect Home, Termite, Law, 2020
- Termite Tom gets down and dirty inspecting houses to show juries and arbitrators termite damage in clients' homes. Knowing exactly what is wrong with a property by crawling it yourself has no substitute. , Termite Tom Showing How to Be a Dirty Lawyer, Termite, Law, 2014
- Termite Tom explains how Terminix is not "Defenders of Home" like they advertise but "Defrauders of Homeowners." , Termite Tom Makes Parody of Terminix Commercial, Termite, Law, 2020
- Campbell exposes how Orkin's VP and top quality assurance officer designed a system that leads to issuing deceitful contracts to thousands of Mississippi homeowners. , Orkin's VP's Illegal Service Protocols are Exposed, Termite, Law, 2019
- Tom Campbell explains how Bear Bryant helped to teach him that standing up for others is how you measure a man. , Termite Tom and Bear Bryant, Termite, Law, 2019
- Tom "Termite Tom" Campbell explains why he had the Mobile County Sheriff raid the Terminix office and take computers and electronic devices. , Sherriff Raids Terminix Office and Takes Computers , Termite, Law, 2020
- This slide show shows the homes and businesses of some of Campbell Law's clients. , Pictures of the Homes of Clients the Firm Helped - Some Are Grand and Some Are Not, Termite, Law, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022