Jonathon R. Law
Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in Daphne, AL
A highly regarded civil litigation attorney, Jonathon R. Law is a shareholder in Daniell, Upton, Anderson, Law & Busby, P.C. Located in Daphne, Alabama, he represents people and businesses throughout Mobile and Baldwin counties and other parts of the state. Mr. Law attended Auburn University as an undergraduate, and he majored in psychology and received a Bachelor of Science in 2001. He then obtained his legal education at the Cumberland School of Law, which is a part of Samford University in Birmingham. While he was there, Mr. Law was a member of the school’s Henry Upson Sims Moot Court Board and served as the articles editor on the American Journal of Trial Advocacy before graduating with his Juris Doctor in 2004.
Mr. Law’s trial experience has extended from his representation of single plaintiffs to complex class actions and multi-district litigation. In one notable case, he was counsel to a group of homeowners who were suing for the harm that was caused by the use of defective drywall that had been imported from China. Mr. Law has also represented businesses and people who were the victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Ivan and other catastrophic weather events in lawsuits against their casualty and property insurance providers.
Throughout his career, Mr. Law has been able to recover millions of dollars in compensation for his clients through both jury awards and settlements that he has negotiate out of court. His successful track record has earned him many honors from his colleagues, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. A member of several professional groups, Mr. Law is admitted to practice in Alabama and before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Jonathon R. Law
First Admitted: 2004, Alabama
Professional Webpage: http://www.daniellupton.com/meet-the-team/jonathon-r-law
Pro bono/Community Service
- Alabama Volunteer Lawyers Program, Member
- "AV" by Martindale-Hubbell
- Member of the Henry Upson Simms Moot Court Board, the National Trial Team, and President of the Cumberland Community Service Organization, Cumberland School of Law
- Alabama Super Lawyers magazine, 2014-2015
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- Alabama Association for Justice, Member
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- Baldwin County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Alabama Bar Association, Member
- Institute for Biological Detection Systems, Trainer
- Articles' Editor for the American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Cumberland School of Law
- St. Paul's Episcopal School
- Auburn University, B.S. in Psychology
Last Updated: 5/15/2022