Amber Y. James
Top rated Family Law attorney in Huntsville, AlabamaNew Beginnings Family Law, P.C.
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Alabama since: 2006
Education: Birmingham School of Law
New Beginnings Family Law, P.C.2204 Whitesburg Dr
Huntsville, AL 35801 Visit website
Amber Yerkey James is an attorney and managing member at New Beginnings Family Law located in Huntsville, Alabama. Dedicating her practice to family law, she represents clients in Huntsville and throughout northern Alabama with issues related to adoption, surrogacy, child custody, child support and paternity, as well as divorce and all of its aspects, including alimony, pre- and postnuptial agreements, property division and more.
After earning a bachelor's degree in music and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Ms. James later obtained her law degree from Birmingham School of Law, where she graduated with honors. Ms. James is admitted to practice in all of the Alabama state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama and the U.S. Supreme Court.
In addition to her law practice, Ms. James participates in a variety of professional organizations. She is a member of the Morgan County Bar Association, the Huntsville Madison County Bar Association, the Alabama State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Ms. James is devoted to staying current with legal topics, and New Beginnings Family Law has earned a reputation as one of Alabama's few firms helping families with legal needs related to alternative reproductive technology.
Ms. James is also passionate about sharing her knowledge and skills with those in need. She is a member of the Alabama State Bar Volunteer Lawyer Program and takes on at least two pro bono cases each year. She also served as an adjunct professor at Birmingham School of Law and participates on many committees for the American Bar Association, including committees devoted to child custody and assisted reproductive technology.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Juvenile Law, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2006, Alabama
Professional Webpage: http://newbeginningsfamilylaw.com/amber-james/
- Adjunct Professor at the Birmingham School of Law
- American Bar Association, Congressional Relations Committee
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2009
- American Bar Association, Child Custody Committee
- Alabama State Bar
- Madison County Bar Association
- Federal Court of the Northern District of Alabama, 2006
- Morgan County Bar Association
- Alabama, 2006
- American Bar Association, Assisted Reproductive Technology Committee
- Alabama Volunteer Lawyer Program, Pro Bono Attorney
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Bachelor of Arts in Music, Marching Band, Wind Ensemble, Blazer Band, Choir, Golden Key Honor Society, Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society, Most Outstanding Music Student, 1998
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Masters of Business Administration, 2000, 2000
- Board Certified as a Family Law Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2019
Office location for Amber Y. James
2204 Whitesburg Dr
Huntsville, AL 35801
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2016