Joe A. King, Jr.
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Huntsville, AL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2014
As an attorney at Morris, King and Hodge, Joe A. King, Jr., is committed to representing clients in Northern Alabama, including Huntsville, Decatur, Athens, Muscle Shoals, Cullman, Madison and Florence. Mr. King focuses on wrongful death and personal injury cases representing plaintiffs in motor vehicle accidents, including 18 wheeler and other car, truck and motorcycle accidents.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Science in biology from The University of Alabama, Mr. King received a full academic scholarship to earn his Juris Doctor from The University of Alabama School of Law.
As a personal injury attorney, Mr. King believes in having an open and honest relationship with clients. Building a strong case requires getting to know the people involved, and Mr. King pays strict attention to detail in order to bring about successful settlements and verdicts. For more than a decade, he has used his tenacity to litigate on behalf of his clients. His track record includes a $3.1 million award for a family who lost their teenager in a car accident as well as a $575,000 verdict for a victim of a negligent chiropractor. His accomplishments have earned him the honor of being named a Top 100 attorney by The National Trial Lawyers.
Since his admission to the Alabama State Bar, Mr. King has served both his clients and his community; he serves on his church's board of trustees and on the Huntsville Child Care Center's board. In addition, he served as secretary for the Madison County Bar Association. In his spare time, Mr. King enjoys cheering on The University of Alabama football team and spending time with his daughters.
- 100%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2014
About Joe A. King, Jr.
First Admitted: 2000, Alabama
Professional Webpage: http://www.mkhlawyers.com/our-firm/about-us/joe-king/
- Alabama State Bar, Admitted in 2000.
- Secretary, Madison County Bar Association, 2007 - 2008
Pro bono/Community Service
- Driver Safety Scholarship
- University of Alabama Football Team
- Board of Trustees at Trinity Methodist Church
- Taxi Tow program
- Board of the Huntsville Child Care Center
- $3.1 million Award for a Family who lost their teenager in a Car Accident
- 5.6 Million Dollar Settlment in Wrongful Death Case 5.0 Million Dollar Settlment in Spinal Cord Injury Case 1.0 Million Dollar Settlment in Drowning Case 4.25 Million Dollar Settlment in Electricution Case 1.0 Million Dollar Settlment in Tractor Trailer Case
- A $575,000 verdict for a victim of a negligent chiropractor
- University of Alabama, B.S. in Biology, 1997
- Featured in the Top Ten Under 40 by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys. , 2015
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Alabama by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Listed in Top 100 Litigation Lawyers in the State of Alabama by the American Society of Legal Advocates., 2016
Last Updated: 6/21/2022