Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Huntsville, AlabamaMartinson & Beason, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Class Action & Mass Torts, Products Liability; view more
Licensed in Alabama since: 2003
Education: Samford University Cumberland School of Law
Martinson & Beason, P.C.115 Northside Square
Huntsville, AL 35801-4822 Visit website
An attorney at Huntsville, Alabama-based Martinson & Beason, P.C., Morris Lilienthal focuses his practice primarily on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. As an undergraduate, he attended Maryville College, where he majored in biology and political science and was a member of the school’s Division III varsity football team and received several academic honors before earning a Bachelor of Arts in 2000. Mr. Lilienthal then pursued his legal education at the Samford University Cumberland School of Law, and he served on its Moot Court Board before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 2003.
Mr. Lilienthal represents people in Huntsville and surrounding counties who have been harmed as a result of the negligence of other parties. The types of cases that he has handled have arisen out of incidents involving premises liability, truck and other motor vehicle crashes, medical malpractice, and defective products, and he has been able to secure significant compensation for his clients after jury trials or through settlements that he has negotiated with defendants and their liability insurance carriers. Mr. Lilienthal’s experience has also encompassed fraud litigation and insurance coverage issues.
Mr. Lilienthal has received a great deal of favorable recognition from his fellow attorneys for his successful track record during his distinguished career. His honors have included an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, he has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 and the American Society of Legal Advocates: Top 40 Under 40. Mr. Lilienthal is admitted to practice in Alabama and Tennessee as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Alabama and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 80% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2003, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.martinsonandbeason.com/our-attorneys/morris-h-li...
- Madison Elementary PTA Board
- March of Dimes – Team Will
- Madison Rotary Club
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2011
- Alabama, 2003
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 2003
- Tennessee, 2015
- B.A., Maryville College, 2000
- I have a Superb rating from Avvo, which is the highest rating an attorney can receive. , Avvo
- I have received the AV rating from Martindale Hubbell. Martindale-Hubbell’s rating process is an objective indicator of a lawyer’s ethical standards and professional ability. The company’s stringent rating process consists of numerous evaluations of a lawyer’s conduct, performed by other members of bar associations and the judiciary throughout the United States. The evaluations consider a lawyer’s legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability, and legal experience. Lawyers who participated in Lilienthal’s evaluation declared that he is “one of the best young lawyers in the state,” “a wonderful lawyer,” and “a zealous advocate for his clients.” One of his evaluators stated, “He [Lilienthal] is intelligent, hardworking and always places his clients’ interests in the forefront.”, AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2013
- Kolb v. CTA, Circuit Court of Madison County Alabama. This was a breach of contract case where it was alleged the plaintiff was not paid sales commissions. The jury returned a $1.6 million dollar verdict for the Plaintiff., 2011
- LeMaster v. Butler CV 04-416 Marshall County Alabama Circuit Court $15 Million Dollar Wrongful Death Verdict. This case involved the tragic shooting death of Verlon Lemaster. At the time of this incident Verlon was the Chief of Police of the town of Grant. Verlon was beloved by everyone. This is the largest jury verdict in the history of Marshall County, Alabama., 2011
- Morris is prepared, compassionate, caring lawyer.Morris was the most prepared lawyer, he outshined 7 other lawyers. Morris communicated everything that was going to happen, he was knowledgable. He cared about me. I would use him again, without hesitation. Testimonial from truck wreck client. , 2012
- Outstanding WorkMr. Lilienthal took our case after another lawyer said we had no case. He made everything very easy for us, even came to our house so that my elderly mother didn't have to travel to his office! He kept us informed the entire time. He was a master at working with my mom. She is hard of hearing and often doesn't understand things. Mr. Lilienthal always made the effort to include her in decisions, making sure she understood what was going on, and preparing her for what might happen in a trial. Mom was especially nervous about the deposition but he spent a lot of time going over possible questions so that when the deposition happened, she did a great job. He was always polite to both of us and was a true professional. In the end, our case was settled through mediation. However, Mr. Lilienthal was prepared to go to court. He did extensive research in her case and his deposition of the defendants was outstanding. I was so impressed! At no time did he encourage my mom to do anything that was uncomfortable to her. He gave her his advice during the mediation but it was left up to us in the end to decide if a settlement was in her best interest. I am happy to recommend him to anyone who's looking for a fantastic lawyer. He is sharp, intelligent, and very nice-and I would not want to be the attorney who goes up against him! Melanie Pickens , 2012
Office location for Morris Lilienthal
115 Northside Square
Huntsville, AL 35801-4822
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2017