Phillip B. Price
Top rated DUI-DWI attorney in Huntsville, AlabamaCrumbley-Blackwell-Price Attorneys
One of the very few attorneys in North Alabama who is a board-certified DUI specialist, Phillip B. Price, has more than four decades of experience in representing individuals facing DUI charges. A partner attorney at Crumbley-Blackwell-Price Attorneys, a one-stop firm for residents of Alabama, he works from the firm’s office in Huntsville.
Mr. Price played a pivotal role in reshaping the DUI landscape in Alabama, redefining the very essence of what DUI as a crime entails in the state. His persuasive arguments even led the Alabama Supreme Court to invalidate the breath test program in the state, marking a significant legal victory.
When not caught up in his daily work, Mr. Price takes time out to author, attend conferences and lectures and at times even teach courses on evidential breath test devices. He has lectured in over 25 states in the U.S., teaching his peers DUI defense and various aspects of it.
Mr. Price’s astonishing track record of success in DUI defense has earned him several accolades and awards, including the Erwin-Taylor Award from the National College of DUI Defense, making him one of the few to receive this prestigious award from the nation’s premier organization. He is also peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell and holds the perfect score of 10/10 on Avvo, all a testament to his excellence in the legal field.
A graduate of The University of Alabama, Mr. Price earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1975 and his Juris Doctor degree from the Birmingham School of Law in 1975.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 100% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 1979, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://crumbleylaw.com/attorney-profiles/phil-price/
- Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers, President
- Erwin-Taylor Award, National College for DUI Defense
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell, Recognition
- Best Lawyers® and Super Lawyers®, Super Lawyers
- AVVO 10.0 Superb Rated, Recognition
- Board Certified as a DUI Specialist
- Written by nationally known DUI attorney Phillip B. Price, Sr. and published by West®, the Alabama DUI Handbook is a practice guide covering both Alabama’s substantive DUI law and practice considerations, including detailed coverage of: breath alcohol testing, field sobriety tests, stops and reasonable suspicion, arrests and probable cause, discovery, pretrial motions, trial, special defenses, and post-trial motions. The Alabama DUI Handbook also features chapters on administrative driver’s license suspensions and civil liability for those who furnish alcohol to others. It contains a wealth of sample motions, discovery requests, jury instructions, and other forms. No criminal defense lawyer in Alabama should consider his or her practice library complete without a copy., Author, Alabama DUI Handbook 2011, 2011
Office location for Phillip B. Price
2304 Memorial Parkway SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2020, 2022 - 2023