Top rated personal injury attorney in Huntsville, AlabamaThe Law Firm of Timberlake & League, P.C.
When William Messervy and his brothers would go camping with their father, he’d always make sure they left the campsite in better condition than they’d found it. At the time, the task was nothing more than an annoyance to William. He later realized though that his father had been teaching them a life lesson. That lesson is one that William works to incorporate into his daily life. During the ten years that he has been a practicing attorney, William has always gone the extra mile for his clients. He’s known to be intuitive and empathetic; both qualities that help him better serve them and be most responsive to their needs.
A native of Huntsville, William got his introduction to law as a runner at Siniard, Timberlake & League. In that position, he saw that the firm’s lawyers were making a positive impact in the lives of their clients. They helped people who had been injured, by no fault of their own, and got them through difficult periods in their lives. The work they did appealed to William as being highly rewarding. Not surprisingly, his own career as a personal injury attorney has been the same.
Professionally, William holds memberships in the American Association of Justice; the Alabama Association of Justice; and the Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association. He has maintained a Martindale Hubbell AV-Preeminent Rating since 2017; a Super Lawyers Rising Stars status since 2013; and the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 recognition since 2017.
When William has time away from work, he enjoys reading, painting, woodcarving, and playing with his sons.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Health care, Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 2011, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.law-injury.com/about/our-team/william-l-messervy...
- Board Member, Madison County Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Young-Professional Board Member, Boys & Girls Club of North Alabama, 2013
- Volunteer with the Madison County Volunteer Lawyers Program., 2011
- Alabama Association for Justice, 2011
- 2021-2022 Huntsville-Madison County Bar Assoc. Treasurer, 2021
- American Association for Justice, 2011
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association, 2011
- Alabama Bar Association, 2011
- J.D. University of Alabama, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts from the University of Alabama in Huntsville in Spanish with an English minor., 2008
- Highest public service award given by The University of Alabama School of Law. It is a combination of the Dean's Community Service Award and the Alabama State Bar Association's Volunteer Lawyer Award. It requires over 100 hours of pro bono legal service to be rendered during law school., Order of the Samaritan, The University of Alabama School of Law, 2011
- United States District Court - Northern District of Alabama, 2014
- Awarded National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, 2017
- Alabama Association For Justice
- American Association For Justice
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2022