J. Allan Brown
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Mobile, AL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010, 2012 - 2013
The principal attorney at the Law Office of J. Allan Brown, LLC, J. Allan Brown has developed a superb reputation as a personal injury and wrongful death trial attorney. Based in Mobile, Alabama, he provides representation to residents of the surrounding area who have suffered economic and noneconomic losses due to the negligent acts or omissions of other parties. The cases that Mr. Brown has handled have arisen out of hospital negligence and other forms of medical malpractice, premises liability, motor vehicle crashes, toxic chemical exposure, defective products, and maritime accidents.
Mr. Brown has successfully obtained numerous high-dollar settlements and jury awards on behalf of his clients, and this has led to his being a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum since 2010. It has also earned him the respect of his fellow professionals, who have awarded him an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. Mr. Brown has also been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40.
Mr. Brown is an active participant in several legal organizations. His memberships include the Mobile Bar Association, the Alabama Association for Justice, the Southern Trial Lawyers Association, and the American Association for Justice. He is admitted to practice in Alabama and before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama.
In 1996, Mr. Brown received a Bachelor of Science from Auburn University, where he was a member of the school's football team. After working on the legislative staff of Sen. Richard Shelby, he subsequently pursued his legal education at Samford University's Cumberland School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2001.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Business Litigation
Medical Malpractice, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010, 2012 - 2013
About J. Allan Brown
First Admitted: 2001, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.jablawllc.com/j-allan-brown/
- Rising Star listing in the Alabama edition of Super Lawyers magazine, 2012
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2012
- Rising Star listing in the Alabama edition of Super Lawyers magazine, 2010
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, since 2010
- Auburn University, B.S., Honors: Full Scholarship in 1996, Honors: Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll, 1996
- Alabama Association for Justice (formerly Alabama Trial Lawyers Association), Member, Emerging Leaders Executive Committee
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Alabama, 2001
- American Bar Association
- Southern Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- Mobile County Bar Association, Member, Young Lawyer’s Executive Committee
Last Updated: 6/21/2022