Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Mobile, AL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2014
- Free Consultation
Knox Boteler is a partner with Boteler Richardson Wolfe in Mobile, Alabama. Over the last 20 years, he has successfully advocated for over a thousand injury victims and their families in Alabama and Mississippi. His particular practice areas include cases of wrongful death, motor vehicle accidents, defective product and pharmaceutical claims, toxic torts, medical device defects, premises liability cases, on the job injuries, denied life and property insurance claims and more.
The Mobile native has practiced law in South Alabama since 1999, and is licensed in Alabama and Mississippi. He holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Millsaps College and a Juris Doctorate from the School of Law at the University of Alabama.
Besides the Alabama and Mississippi State Bars, Knox has been admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court (2018), the US Court of Appeals for 5th Circuit; US District Court for the Southern District of Alabama; US District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi; and US District Court for the Middle District of Alabama.
As evidence of his professional regard, Knox has received the Rising Star classification by Super Lawyers, a peer-nominated recognition given to fewer than 3% of Alabama attorneys each year. He also holds a perfect 10 out of 10 rating from Avvo – considered the premiere review platform in the legal field - and is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
In 2011, he was selected for Mobile Bay Magazine's prestigious annual list of local leaders dubbed "40 under 40."
With a number of published articles in legal journals, Knox also writes a quarterly newsletter for friends and clients of Boteler Richardson Wolfe called “Legally Speaking.” Highly active in his legal community, Knox is a member of several professional legal organizations including the Alabama Association for Justice, the Mississippi Association for Justice as well as the American Association for Justice with a focus on the group’s trucking litigation section. He is also active with the Mobile Bar Association.
Outside of the office, you'll find him serving on several non-profit boards and contributing to his home-town community, as a board member with Family Promise of Coastal Alabama and is a mentor with the Nest of Mobile.
Knox lives in Mobile with wife his, Marian, and two children, Annie and Jimbo.
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 20%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 10%Insurance Coverage
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Class Actions, Toxic Torts, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Bad Faith Insurance, Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2021
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2014
About Knox Boteler
First Admitted: 1999, Alabama
Professional Webpage: http://www.brwlawyers.com/attorneys
- Received the Rising Star classification by a Super Lawyer®, Lexis/Nexis
- Selected in Mobile Bay Monthly's "40 Under 40" class, 2011
- Millsaps College, B.B.A., Cum Laude, 1996
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2018
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- Alabama Bar, 1999
- Circuit Court of Appeals for 5th Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- Mississippi Bar, 2000
- Miracle v. Grafton, Circuit Court of Mobile; slip and fall case with shoulder injury. $140,000 verdict
- Tart v. Bozeman, Circuit Court of Mobile County, 15 year old paralysis injury, motorcycle accident. Settlement
- Woods v. Triple A. Wood, Inc., Circuit Court Monroe County, AL $1.1 million settlement
- Smith v. City of Mobile, Circuit Court of Mobile County, AL motorcycle accident involving dump truck, $100,000 verdict
- Trucking Case. Monroe County, AL. Settlement $1.1 million, 2019
- Use a Fitbit? Check to see if you're included in a new recall: the fitness tracker company is recalling about 1.7… https://t.co/Yd8XWHU3Yn
- Happy Mother's Day! https://t.co/VAeDrq3L1r
- Appreciating a teacher? That's every day in our book. Make sure to thank that someone special in the classroom thi… https://t.co/0YQuP4C0X1
- Think speeding will actually get you somewhere faster? Not really. For example, drivers have to travel 100 miles t… https://t.co/pQvR55a36S
- What's the safest drive on the road? Once again Volvo leads the pack. See how your car fared on the latest list fro… https://t.co/YfvTuOv3Dq
Last Updated: 5/15/2022