Steven A. Martino
Top rated class action & mass torts attorney in Mobile, AlabamaTaylor • Martino PC
Practice Areas: Class action & mass torts, Personal injury, General litigation; view more
Licensed in Alabama since: 1984
Education: Samford University Cumberland School of Law
Taylor • Martino PC455 St Louis St
Mobile, AL 36602 Visit website
Steven A. Martino is a partner and senior shareholder at Taylor Martino PC in Mobile, Alabama. With over 36 years of experience practicing law, Mr. Martino focuses his practice on matters involving wrongful death, personal injury, vehicle accidents, mass tort litigation, antitrust, finance fraud and insurance fraud.
With extensive experience having taken on several personal injury cases over the years, Mr. Martino understands the emotional and psychological effects of injuries that are caused as a result of someone else’s careless and negligent actions. He fights aggressively for his clients’ rights and liberties with a genuine concern for their needs.
Mr. Martino has taken on and won numerous class action cases, with many million-dollar and multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts. He has also been on numerous plaintiffs’ counsel committees for class action cases nationwide and statewide including vitamin and prescription drug manufacturers and distributors, insurance companies, cellular phone providers, oil and gas producing companies and many others.
Mr. Martino has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Earlham College. He earned his Juris Doctor from the Cumberland School of Law, Samford University. Mr. Martino is admitted to practice in all courts throughout the state of Alabama.
Actively affiliated with the legal community, Mr. Martino is among the board of governors of the Alabama Association for Justice and a member of the Alabama State Bar, the Mobile Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. He has served as an assistant district attorney at the 13th Judicial Circuit Court in Mobile, Alabama.
For his exceptional legal work, Mr. Martino is included on the list of “Top 100” by The National Trial Lawyers. He has been the recipient of the Public Justice Achievement Award by Public Justice. In addition to his law practice, Mr. Martino enjoys bird hunting, exercising, golfing, coaching and playing sports with his children.
Practice areasClass action/mass torts: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, General litigation
Class actions, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Litigation
- 40% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% General litigation
First Admitted: 1984, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://taylormartino.com/personnel/steve-martino/
- Carnegie v. Household International, Inc., H&R Block, et al.,
- Confidential pro tanto settlement – law enforcement officer unintentionally discharged Glock pistol killing plaintiff during routine traffic stop; remaining product liability case against Glock manufacturer is pending
- $10.5 million dollar settlement – class action – Moye v. Exxon/Mobil Corp. – a class action suit involving the underpayment of royalties from a natural gas field in Alabama
- $1.5 million settlement – financing litigation – case involved the deceptive sale of insurance products in order to obtain loans, otherwise known as predatory lending practices
- $1.7 million dollar settlement – car accident – case involved an auto accident where the victim suffered a severe leg injury
- $2.8 million settlement - class action – Johnson, et al. v. Texaco, Inc. , case involving underpayment of royalty payments on natural gas and gas substances; settlement represented $1.6 million paid to class members for past royalty payments, plus future relief in the form of deductions from future cost of treatment of gas
- $33 million dollar settlement – class action – Nealy v. Woodman of the World – a Mississippi case involving racial discrimination in the sale of life insurance policies
- $8.75 million dollar settlement – insurance fraud – case involved racial discrimination on the premiums of burial insurance policies
- $750,000 settlement – car accident and product liability – case involving the wrongful death of a driver after the roof crushed when the vehicle left the road and overturned
- Cox, et al., v. Shell Oil, et al.
- $27.5 million dollar settlement – class action – Hunter v. Bank One – a nationwide class action case involving consumer fraud with respect to the financing of home satellite systems
- $20 million dollar settlement – insurance fraud – for multiple plaintiffs in the fraudulent sale of life insurance as retirement accounts
- $664,000 settlement – insurance fraud – case involved the fraudulent sale of life insurance policies which were alleged to be saving plans, college tuition plans and/or retirements plans
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Earlham College, B.A., 1980
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
- American Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Mobile Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Sustaining Member
- Alabama Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association (ATLA), Sustaining Member
- Product Liability
Office location for Steven A. Martino
455 St Louis St
Mobile, AL 36602
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022