Lucas P. Frei
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Chandler, AZ
- Free Consultation
An attorney who constantly practices professional excellence and commitment, Mr. Lucas P. Frei serves clients in Chandler, Arizona, from the Citadel Law Firm. His areas of concentration include estate planning, tax law and litigation, probate litigation, IRS levies, audit defense, wage garnishments, estate and gift taxes, wills and trusts, powers of attorney, mortgages, special needs planning and business succession planning.
A native of Gilbert, Arizona, Mr. Frei received his Bachelor of Science from the Northern Arizona University in 2012, followed by his Juris Doctor from the Arizona State University Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law in 2014. He then pursued his Master of Laws (LL.M.) in taxation at the University of Denver. During that time, he honed his legal skills by partnering with some of Colorado’s prestigious law firms.
A member of the American Bar Association, Mr. Frei was first admitted to practice in Arizona in 2015 and later in Colorado. He is also certified to appear before the Supreme Court of Arizona and the Supreme Court of Colorado. His federal court admissions include the United States Tax Court and the United States District Court for the District of Colorado.
Known for his outstanding client service, Mr. Frei has received many five-star reviews on Avvo. With a good understanding of the IRS and U.S. Tax Court laws and procedures, he is able to defend business owners and taxpayers in IRS tax audits and other tax controversies and litigation. He is also experienced in handling cases related to immigration law, corporate law, family law and personal injury.
An enthusiastic speaker and writer, Mr. Frei has written a number of articles and newsletters on estate and tax law. He frequently presents at seminars and conferences across Arizona. He was a speaker at the El Paso County Bar Association’s Family Law Conference in 2021. He also spoke at the Servicios de la Raza and Taxes Under Trump, both in 2017.
About Lucas P. Frei
First Admitted: 2015, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://clfusa.com/lucas-frei/
- Lucas assisted clients with a tax savings estate plan. On top of a revocable living trust, we were able to execute Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts to alleviate some tax concerns when the clients eventually pass away
- Lucas assisted clients with a special needs trust to protect their special needs adult son. Clients now have the assurance that their son will continue to be cared for if they should pass away, 2021
- 2017 Tax Court Settlement - IRS confirmed status of taxpayer client as owing no additional tax stemming from a waiver of the 60 day rollover requirement for a qualified retirement plan. Had client utilize Rev. Proc. 2016-47, and IRS dismissed the matter
- Arizona Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2022
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- United States District Court - Colorado
- Supreme Court of Colorado
- Bar Admission: Arizona Bar, 2015
- Bar Admissions: Colorado Bar, 2016
- Tax Court, 2016
- Federal District Court, 2016
- American Bar Association
- Master of Laws, Taxation – University of Denver, 2016
- B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies / Humanities, Northern Arizona University, 2012
- Speaker at Servicios de la Raza, 2017
- Speaker at Taxes Under Trump, 2017
- Negotiated minority shareholder buyout from closely held business. Negotiated secured interest and installment payments from the business, 2019
- Lucas assisted a client in achieving an accepted offer in compromise through the IRS. The client was relieved of a 2.8 million dollar tax debt, 2020
- Assisted family of four with succession planning for their business and created a living trust to avoid probate when the parents pass away. This will ensure that the parents wishes are honored and that the children will have an easier legal situation when their parents pass away, 2021
- Channel 9 news Property Tax, https://www.9news.com/video/news/local/next/increased-property-tax-assessment-leaving-homeowners-puzzled/73-206d40f6-7993-49f2-b065-b4c993872ac6?jwsource=cl, 2019
- Small Business Tax, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmOPGg6-bQw, 2019
- Radio Interview, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVaeDiIhzbo&t=5s, 2018
Last Updated: 5/15/2022