Aaron J. Reed
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Free Consultation
An attorney with Ryan Garvey Attorneys, in Phoenix, Arizona, Aaron J. Reed focuses solely on criminal defense matters. A top-rated attorney, Mr. Reed defends the legal rights of his clients and provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout Arizona who stand accused or are under investigation for any type of felony or misdemeanor offense, including DUI. He has handled many serious felonies such as aggravated assault, sexual assault, murder, child sex crimes and more.
Mr. Reed has a Bachelor of Science degree in real estate from Lee Business School, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and earned his Juris Doctor from the Arizona Summit Law School, Phoenix. Before attending law school, Mr. Reed interned with the Clark County Public Defender’s Office. It was here that he developed a passion to defend people who couldn’t defend themselves.
After Mr. Reed passed his bar exam, he worked for a number of criminal defense attorneys in Phoenix, where he took on various types of cases and hearings, ranging from misdemeanors to felonies. Approaching every criminal defense case with professionalism and sensitivity, Mr. Reed fights for his clients’ rights when they are facing severe criminal charges.
Mr. Reed has taken on cases of all levels and has achieved considerable success advocating on behalf of his clients and obtaining positive outcomes. Mr. Reed is a member of the State Bar of Arizona and Maricopa County Bar Association, and he is licensed to practice in the U.S. Federal District Court for the District of Arizona as well as for the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
About Aaron J. Reed
First Admitted: 2016, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://www.criminallawyer4u.com/aaron-j-reed-2/
- B.S.: University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2012
- J.D.: Arizona Summit Law School, 2015
- State Bar of Arizona, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 9th Circuit, 2019
- U.S. Federal District Court - Arizona, 2019
- Client charged with Misconduct Involving Weapons while on parole. Arrested and held without a bond for 9 months until I was able to prove Tempe PD lied about the identity of the suspect. All charged were dropped and the case was dismissed., 2018
- Client charged with Possession of Dangerous Drugs (Methamphetamine); Possession of Narcotic Drugs (Cannabis); Possession of Marijuana; and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia with six prior felony convictions. Client was facing over 10 years in prison. After uncovering major issues with the legality of the stop and search of the car, the prosecutor agreed to offer my client a plea agreement for supervised probation with no initial jail. , 2020
- Client charged with two counts of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon; Disorderly Conduct with a Deadly Weapon; and Reckless Driving. Client’s car was hit on the freeway and the person responsible fled from the scene. She chased them down and fired her weapon to try and get them to stop. Client was facing mandatory prison time if convicted. Was able to persuade the prosecutor to offer a plea for supervised probation and my client did not have to do a day in jail. , 2020
- Client charged with Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon (DV); Kidnapping (DV); Criminal Damage over $2000 (DV); Preventing the Use of a Phone During Emergency (DV); and two counts of Telephone Harassment (DV). Client was facing mandatory prison time on the Aggravated Assault and Kidnapping charges. Was able to determine through investigation that the event in question could not happen the way the victim described it and repeatedly asked the prosecutor to test the weapon involved for the presence of blood. After conducting a settlement conference, I was able to get the Prosecutor to agree to a no agreements plea agreement. At sentencing, I was able to convince the judge that prison was not appropriate in the case and the judge sentenced my client to supervised probation with no initial jail. , 2020
- Client charged with Assault (DV – Strangulation) in two separate courts. The State offered my client the maximum amount of time for a class 1 misdemeanor, which was 6 months in jail. After rejecting the plea and setting the case for trial, the Judge at sentencing imposed supervised probation and no jail time. , 2018
- Client was involved in a major drug sales operation in Phoenix involving multiple co-defendants and was charged with Conspiracy, Illegally Conducting a Criminal Enterprise, multiple counts of Sale or Transportation of Marijuana for Sale as well as multiple counts of Possession of Marijuana over 4 pounds. The Client was facing mandatory prison time based on the amount of drugs involved and the fact the drugs were for sale on multiple dates of offense. Successfully negotiated a probation plea agreement with the State and the client never saw the inside of a jail cell. , 2019
- Client originally charged in 2012 with Sale/Transportation of Dangerous Drugs (Meth) and had two prior felony convictions. Client was facing over 10 years in prison. Was able to persuade the prosecutor to offer a no agreements plea. At sentencing, the State asked for prison and I was able to successfully persuade the judge to impose probation instead. Client ended up with supervised probation with no additional jail time., 2020
- Client charged with Manslaughter after getting into a bar fight. The victim died a few days after the incident. Was able to successfully mount a self-defense claim and the State dismissed all charges against my client. , 2019
- Client charged with five counts of Attempted First-Degree Murder, five counts of Aggravated Assault, and three counts of Child Abuse for injuries associated with the strangulation of two children under 13 years-old. Was able to successfully negotiate with the prosecutor regarding a plea agreement and the client was sentenced to 10 years in the Department of Corrections and a term of probation upon his release., 2019
- Client charged with multiple counts of Attempted Sexual Conduct with a Minor and Aggravated Luring of a Minor. Client was facing over 40 years in prison at trial. Was able to get the state to adjust their plea agreement on two separate occasions due to issues in the case and the Client ended up being sentenced to 3.5 years at 85% time with a 10 year probation tail, 2020
- Client charged with first-degree murder. Case was being send to death penalty committee for a death penalty review. Successfully prevented the State from filing a notice of intent to seek death penalty and client entered a plea for second degree murder. , 2020
- Not Guilty (All Counts) after Jury Trial: Sexual Assault (x2) and Kidnapping, 2021
- Not Guilty (All Charges) after Jury Trial: Sale or Transportation of Marijuana (500 pounds), 2019
Last Updated: 6/16/2022