Bruce E. Blumberg
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Phoenix, ArizonaBlumberg & Associates
Attorney Bruce E. Blumberg is the founder and managing partner of Blumberg & Associates in Phoenix, Arizona. Board-certified as a Criminal Law Specialist by the State Bar of Arizona and possessing more than 32 years of legal experience, Mr. Blumberg focuses his practice primarily on criminal defense. He represents the rights and interests of clients throughout the state who stand accused or are under investigation for serious criminal offenses, such as drug crimes, federal and white collar crimes, sex crimes, violent crimes and more.
Throughout the course of his career, Mr. Blumberg has achieved considerable success advocating on behalf of his clients in state and federal courts across his region. He has a driving passion for seeing justice served, and he has secured numerous dismissals, acquittals and reductions of charges for the accused.
In addition, Mr. Blumberg has served as Court-Appointed Counsel with the Maricopa County Court, where he has handled several death penalty cases. No matter how serious the charges against his clients, Mr. Blumberg has proven himself a dedicated legal ally who aggressive pursues the most favorable outcomes on their behalves.
In recognition for his exemplary professionalism and unwavering commitment to those he serves, Mr. Blumberg has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as designation as a Top 100 Trial Attorney from the National Trial Lawyers. Moreover, he has received "Superb" client ratings on Avvo along with numerous positive testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1976 graduate of Michigan State University, Mr. Blumberg obtained his Juris Doctor from Western Michigan University's Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 1979. He also received his Master of Laws in Taxation from Wayne State University Law School in 1982. He holds his license to practice in Michigan as well as Arizona, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the District of Arizona.
Mr. Blumberg is an active member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National Trial Lawyers Association and the State Bar of Arizona, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense
Criminal Law, Felony, Sex Offenses
- 100% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 1979, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://azblumberglaw.com
- J.D., Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan, 1979
- L.L.M. Master's of Law, Wayne State University Law School, 1982
- Michigan State University, Pre-Law Degree, 1976
- Member, National Trial Lawyers Association
- Michigan, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1979
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Arizona, 1986
- U.S. District Court of Arizona, 1986
- State Bar Certified Specialist Criminal Law, State Bar of Arizona, 1991
- This article pertains to combating eyewitness identification evidence in criminal jury trials through experts and jury instructions., Author, Combating False Identifications: Instructing and Informing the Jury, Criminal Defense, 2018
- Not Guilty of First-Degree Murder and Conspiracy to Commit First-Degree Murder. My client, from Romania, met a man online. He arranged for her to come to the U.S., and they were married and had two little girls. After 5 years, the marriage began to fall apart, and my client met another guy at the park where they bring their children to play. Eventually, they began a “hush-hush” affair over the summer of 2015. My client and new boyfriend were very deceptive. Big problem became the jealousy of the boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend (Jessica)! My co-counsel called it a “love quadrangle.” Jessica broke into the ex-boyfriend’s home and steals one of the cell phones. She starts threatening exposure of the affair, calls my client over to her house to show her “proof” that she and the ex-boyfriend are still together. Then Jessica comes upon my client’s husband’s phone number and calls him to introduce herself, and says, “do you know your wife is having an affair with my ex-boyfriend?” Husband (now deceased), who worked in technology, “security” for American Express tells his friend at work he’s going to meet Jessica, and asks, “do you think I should bring a gun.” We took note of that. As the day unfolded and got heated up, my client became frightened of the husband, and the boyfriend and my client went to a police station. They were there for an hour and a half, and the police were of no real help. In fact, that cop wrote a “cover your ass” report. Jessica was relentless with husband to the point that he eventually went to boyfriend’s home, saw wife’s car, and entered the home with a knife. Problem was that my client took boyfriend’s truck to take her children over to a friend’s house and she wasn’t in the house. Husband encounters boyfriend, ex-special forces, who always carried .45 and they met quite unexpectedly in the home. Husband was shot three times with .45. State didn’t know what happened and originally thought my client did the shooting, even though boyfriend immediately called 911 and had GSR on both hands. The State took a long time to get it together before deciding to charge my client and boyfriend, both, with first degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Lots of cell phone data, cell phone mapping, DNA (my client was the major contributor on the gun and magazine and never touched them). Boyfriend was major contributor on knife and only moved it away from deceased husband. , 2021
- Drug Offenses
- Violent Crimes
- White Collar Crime
Office location for Bruce E. Blumberg
3600 North 19th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85015
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2014, 2017 - 2019