David L. Case
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
David L. Case—a shareholder with Tiffany & Bosco in Phoenix, Arizona—has focused on trust and estate planning and business, partnership and corporate transactions, and tax planning related thereto, since entering practice. He has been the architect of numerous large estate planning and business planning projects, assisting clients in addressing various wealth transfer tax planning matters and business and family succession planning matters, and related income tax planning issues, including merger and acquisition matters. David is a member of various tax, trust and estate and business sections of the ABA and the State Bars of Arizona and California, and is admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court and the U.S. Supreme Court. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel, the nation's premier estate planning organization, and the 2009-2010 chair of the Probate and Trust Section of the Arizona State Bar. He assisted in the drafting and passing of the Arizona Trust Code and other related legislation. David received The Eleanor ter Horst Distinguished Service Award for the State Bar of Arizona Probate and Trust Section for 2015.
In addition to the formulation of estate plans while addressing wealth transfer tax issues and income tax issues, David has vast experience in assisting clients in various family business planning and succession planning matters, and in the preparation of all related estate planning and trust documents and transactional documents. He also regularly counsels business owners and professional clients regarding charitable giving techniques. David assists clients in preparing and implementing revocable living trusts, life insurance trusts, charitable remainder and charitable lead trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts, generation-skipping/dynasty trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, and numerous other types of revocable and irrevocable trusts to complement the estate plan. David also works with clients regarding intra-family dynamics and related asset allocation and trust and estate issues.
Certificates and Credentials
About David L. Case
First Admitted: 1973, Arizona
Professional Webpage: http://www.tblaw.com/attorneys/David-Case
- David is admitted to practice in Arizona, California, the U. S. Tax Court and United States Supreme Court.
- David L. Case is a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, and the Probate and Trust Sections of the State Bars of Arizona and California and the ABA. David assisted in the drafting and passage of the Arizona Trust Code, and numerous updates to that and the Probate Code, and is a past-Chair of the Probate and Trust Section of the State Bar of Arizona. David has been a frequent speaker for the State Bar of Arizona and other organizations on tax and estate planning subjects.
- David received The Eleanor ter Horst Distinguished Service Award for the State Bar of Arizona Probate and Trust Section for 2015.
- The Eleanor ter Horst Distinguished Service Award is intended to recognize an attorney or judicial officer who has demonstrated superior knowledge of probate and trusts law and the willingness to share his or her knowledge with, and otherwise serve the bar, the bench, the Section and the public., The Eleanor ter Horst Distinguished Service Award for the State Bar of Arizona Probate and Trust Section for 2015., State Bar of Arizona, Probate & Trust Section, 2015
- B.S. (Business and Finance), with distinction, and J.D., cum laude, Arizona State University.
- David has been a frequent speaker for the State Bar of Arizona and other organizations on tax and estate planning subjects., author, Conversion From Non-Grantor to Grantor Trust: Tax Issues, Estate Planning, Thomson Reuters, Esate Planning Legal Cmmunity., 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022