David M. Cantor
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Phoenix, ArizonaDM Cantor, P.C.
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, DUI-DWI, White collar crimes; view more
Licensed in Arizona since: 1989
Attorney David M. Cantor is the founding partner of DM Cantor in Phoenix, Arizona. Focusing his practice on criminal defense, Mr. Cantor handles all types of criminal cases, including those involving assault crimes, drug crimes, DUI/DWI, aggravated DUI, extreme DUI, homicide, sex crimes, theft crimes and white-collar crimes. He has experience at the trial and appellate levels.
Mr. Cantor serves clients in Phoenix, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Goodyear, Mesa, Peoria, Scottsdale, Tempe and throughout Arizona, appearing on many national television programs to discuss his cases. He represents many high-profile clients and is a member of Cantor Law Group which focuses on family law.
Acknowledged for his achievements in the legal profession, Mr. Cantor holds an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell. He has been recognized as one of the top attorneys in his field by many groups including The American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, the American Association for Justice, the American Society of Legal Advocates, the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
Involved in many activities in his legal and local communities, Mr. Cantor is a founding member of the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys and a lifetime member of Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He belongs to the Maricopa County Bar Association, the Arizona Association for Justice, the American Bar Association, the American Bar Foundation and the National College of DUI Defense.
Mr. Cantor is a graduate of the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law. He received his law license in 1989 and is eligible to practice in all Arizona state courts.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal defense: white collar
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal
- 40% Criminal defense
- 30% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 30% Criminal defense: white collar
First Admitted: 1989, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://dmcantor.com/about-dmc
- Assistant Chaparral High School Wrestling Coach
- Co-Founder, Firebird Wrestling Club
- Past Board Member, Home Base
- Board Member, ASU Sun Devil Wrestling
- Rated Top 10 Attorney, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- Family Law, Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Voted Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the American Trial Lawyers Association® 2007, 2011 – 2015, Top 100 Trial Lawyer, American Trial Lawyers Association® 2007, 2011 – 2015
- Southwest Super Lawyers Edition, 2019, Southwest Super Lawyers Edition, 2019 - Criminal Defense Centerfold, Southwest Super Lawyers Edition, 2019, 2019
- Southwest Super Lawyers Edition, 2007
- David Michael Cantor has been AV® Rated (the highest possible rating) by Martindale Hubbell®, and is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers®, Criminal Law Section., AV® Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Voted Top 10 DUI/DWI Law Firm by American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, Top 10 DUI/DWI Law Firm, American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- Voted Top 10 Attorney National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Top 10 Attorney, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Voted Nation’s Top 1% Attorney by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel 2015-2018, Nation’s Top 1% Attorney, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Certified Criminal Law Specialist since 1999 – per the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization, Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist, Arizona Board of Legal Specialization
- Member, AZ Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Member, Arizona State Bar
- District Court of Arizona
- , About David Michael Cantor
- Questions to Ask When Looking for a Criminal Attorney: Q: Does the Law Firm sell its cases to other attorneys and call them “Of Counsel”?A: DM Cantor does not sell any of its cases! Q: Is the Law Firm named after a Certified Criminal Law Specialist as designated by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization? A: David Michael Cantor has been a Certified Criminal Law Specialist since 1999! Q: How many Certified Criminal Law Specialists are at the firm?A: DM Cantor has 4 Certified Criminal Law Specialists – The most of any criminal defense law firm in Arizona! Q: When you’re finding a lawyer, be sure to ask is the Law Firm AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell?A: DM Cantor and many of our attorneys are AV Rated. Q: When you’re finding an attorney, be sure to ask is the Law Firm listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers? Q: Is the Law Firm’s named partner listed in the Southwest SuperLawyers Publication? A: DM Cantor has been listed since 2007 in the SW Super Lawyers Publication Q: Is the Law Firm’s named partner listed in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Arizona by the American Association of Trial Lawyers? A: DM Cantor is listed in all 4 publications! There is a reason Law Firms are (or are not) Top Rated. Q: Does the Law Firm go to Jury Trial regularly (and win)? A: If you go to our website, https://www.dmcantor.com and click on Jury Trial Victories, you will see over 150 of our Complete Acquittals (i.e. not guilty – All charges) listed with dates and courts. No other Arizona Law Firm lists more than 22 Complete Acquittals on their website (Web Results as of Jan 1, 2019). “Dismissed” and “Reduced Charge” claims are not the same as a Jury saying “Not Guilty – All Charges!” Some lawyers can occasionally receive dismissals and charge reductions (we have thousands), but very few can regularly achieve Complete Acquittals! When you’re finding a lawyer, be sure to ask the Law Firm how many Jury Trials have resulted in Complete Acquittals since the Law Firm was formed. When you’re finding an attorney, be sure to ask the Law Firm to list their last 10 Jury Trial Victories (i.e. Complete Acquittals) with dates. This should be listed on their website. If not, then why not? Q: Did the Jury Trial Victories which a Law Firm claims actually occur while the winning lawyer was employed by that Law Firm – or did they occur while the lawyer was employed elsewhere? A: Every victory listed on our website occurred while the attorney was employed at the DM Cantor – not when the lawyer was employed elsewhere (possibly out of state). Remember – Leadership and a Culture of Quality begins and flows from the top down! If you have questions about hiring a criminal defense attorney or would like to schedule a free consultation with our law firm, please give us a call at (602) 307-0808 or send us an email by using our confidential form., Questions to Ask When Hiring a Criminal Defense Attorney, 2019
- Mr. G was a family friend with a lady who lived in the valley, and he ended up taking her daughter and son over to his house to spend the night. He was then accused of touching the 17 year old daughter’s breasts while giving her a back rub, and penetrating her vagina with his fingers. She alleged that she felt she could not leave his house. Mr. G. was ultimately charged with Felony Sexual Assault under Arizona Revised Statute ARS 13-1406, Felony Sexual Abuse under Arizona Revised Statute ARS 13-1404 and Felony Kidnapping under Arizona Revised Statute ARS 13-1304. The Police also claimed that they conducted a “confrontation call” in which the alleged victim confronted him on the telephone and he admitted to these acts. However, he stated he thought that his behavior was consensual and that the alleged victim was always free to leave at any time. At Trial, we presented all of this evidence, along with an extensive history of the alleged victim lying to her family and others regarding numerous other situations. The Jury found that she was not credible and returned a verdict of Not Guilty regarding all charges (Sex Assault, Sex Abuse, and Kidnapping). Mr. G was originally facing well over a decade in Prison if he was to be convicted.
- Felony Aggravated DWI (.461 Blood - this is not a typo) & Felony Aggravated DUI | Not Guilty / Complete Acquittal at Jury TrialMr. S was observed by a homeowner parked in front of his house and throwing what appeared to be garbage outside of the car, onto the homeowners lawn. Because it was 9:00pm at night, the homeowner called the Police. When the Police arrived, they observed Mr. S car with a flat tire and damage to the right side. Mr. S was in the passenger seat and had a cell phone in his hand. The engine was running in order to run the air conditioner (it was still 100 degrees outside), as it was summer time. Mr. S appeared to be very intoxicated, and Police arrested him for DUI and searched the vehicle and found 1 empty and 1 partially full Vodka bottle. Mr. S. stated that he had blown his tire and had called AAA for assistance earlier in the night. Because Mr. S had a prior misdemeanor DUI convictions and his license was suspended, he was charged with Felony Aggravated DUI under Arizona Revised Statute ARS 28-1383(A)(2) At Trial, we presented evidence that he had called AAA a couple of hours prior to the Police arriving. In addition, the Police could not prove whether he drank after driving or before (since the bottles were in his car). Lastly, we argued that he was in the passenger seat, therefore he was not in “actual physical control” of his vehicle. The Jury returned not guilty verdicts on all charges, thus sparring Mr. S. from going to Prison. Because his BAC was so incredibly high (a .461 BAC – *not a typo), we refer to it on our website as “this is not a typo”. The Prosecutor who handled this case has earned the nickname from his coworkers of “typo”., 2008
- The declining of filing charges against Sgt. Patrick Haab (an off-duty Army Reservist who took seven (7) illegal immigrants into custody at gunpoint because they had charged at him from the desert, at night, near a local highway rest stop).
- The rejection of criminal charges against Valinda Jo Elliott (the woman who became lost in the forest and set a signal fire which ultimately became the Rodeo-Chediski fire – burning more than five hundred thousand (500,000) acres and four hundred and forty (440) homes).
- The dismissal with prejudice of capital murder charges (on the eve of trial) against Lisa Randall, a grandmother and daycare provider falsely accused of killing a baby in her care.
- Over 4,800 Documented Victories, 150 Complete Jury Trial Acquitals on our Website, 2019
- Arizona Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist, 1999
- 150 Complete Jury Trial Accquitals - Not Guilty on ALL Charges. The most out of any firm in Arizona., 2019
- Criminal Defense
- Drug Crimes
- Sex Crimes
Office location for David M. Cantor
40 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2019 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Find me online
- "I am currently in litigation and will be offering my full review when my case(s) are complete as to give the full… https://t.co/GOEVqvcRks
- "If you are looking for a strategic thinker, planner, and smart team of attorney, I highly recommend Caleb McKay an… https://t.co/BkJ9OgbQUP
- It's time to vote for Ranking Arizona 2024 awards. Vote here: https://t.co/D5skYteoDN On the left side click Financ… https://t.co/W3KBKp6S2x