Gregg R. Woodnick
Top rated family law attorney in Phoenix, ArizonaWoodnick Law, PLLC
Practice Areas: Family law, Criminal defense; view more
Licensed in Arizona since: 2000
Attorney Gregg R. Woodnick is the managing partner of Woodnick Law, PLLC, in Phoenix, Arizona. A top-ranked and award-winning lawyer with more than 21 years of total legal experience, Mr. Woodnick provides exceptional counsel and support to clients in Maricopa County, Coconino County, Pima County, and all throughout Arizona who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Department of Child Safety (DCS/CPS) related issues
· Concurrent family and juvenile criminal cases
· Consulting and management crisis
· Criminal defense
· Domestic partnerships and same-sex marriages
A leader in his field, Mr. Woodnick has served as adjunct law professor at Arizona Summit Law School, and he has served as a lecturer for Northern Arizona University, Yale University and the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law. He has also written extensively and conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars throughout his region and across the country before various legal organizations.
Moreover, Mr. Woodnick has served as lecturer and trainer to other attorneys involving the Title 8 Registry and Safe-Haven initiatives, as well as other policies affecting child abuse and negligence litigation cases. He has also served an appointment on the Arizona Supreme Court’s Task Force on the Arizona Rules of Family Law Procedure, and he is the current trustee for the State Bar of Arizona’s Client Protection Fund.
Mr. Woodnick is also a member of the National Child Abuse Defense and Resource Center, and he received the "Mentor of the Year" award in 2012 and 2015 from the Arizona Children’s Law Center. He has also earned recognition from Defenders of Children, and he received the Top Pro Bono Attorney award from the Arizona Foundation for Legal Services and Education in 2011.
In addition, Expertise named him among the Best Divorce Lawyers in Phoenix in 2020, and he has earned designation as one of the top 5% of lawyers in his region. A 1996 graduate of The University of Arizona, Mr. Woodnick obtained his Juris Doctor from Arizona State University's Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law in 2000.
Mr. Woodnick is an active member of the National Child Abuse Defense & Resource Centers and the Maricopa County Bar Association, and he serves as Cooperating Counsel with the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona.
Practice areasFamily law, Criminal defense
Adoption, Child support, Divorce, Juvenile law, Criminal law, False accusations
- 50% Family law
- 50% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 2000, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://woodnicklaw.com/gregg-r-woodnick
- Defenders of Children Mentor Award, 2018
- National Child Abuse Defense and Resource Center (NCADRC), Member
- Arizona Family Law Rules Committee Task Force Member/Appointee, 2018
- Trustee State Bar of Arizona Client Protection Fund, 2020
- Guest Lecturer: Yale University, School of Medicine, Physician Associate Program
- Suspected child abuse during a trip to the emergency room
- Adjunct Law Professor
- Family Law Rules Task Force
- State Bar Conference Faculty, 2018
- Judicial trainings
- CLE by the Sea
- Training Blitz (Resource Parents Advanced Training)
- Lecturer/Faculty: Aid to Adoption for Special Kids (AASK), Rise Services, AmeriPsych and Mentally Ill Kids In Distress (MIKID), Spring
- Instructor: Trial Basics for Family Lawyers (State Bar of Arizona)
- Court Appointed Advisor Training, V.L.P. 2009 – 2016
- Lecturer: Arizona State Association of Physician Assistants 2012 Primary Care Conference (2012)
- Instructor & Lecturer: Mandatory Reporting Seminar for schools within the Catholic Dioceses, 2012
- Guest Lecturer: ASU/Diane Halle Center for Family Justice ‘CPS in Family Court’ (2013)
- Guest Lecturer: Midwestern College of Osteopathic Medicine
- BA, University of Arizona
Office location for Gregg R. Woodnick
1747 E. Morten Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85020
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023