J. Neil Stuart
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Phoenix, ArizonaCohen Dowd Quigley P.C.
After law school, served for two years as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Jennifer G. Zipps of the United States District Court, District of Arizona. Achieved the third highest score on the February 2011 Arizona bar examination. Prior to joining Cohen Dowd Quigley ("CDQ"), worked as a Deputy County Attorney with the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office where successfully prosecuted three jury trials and ten bench trials. Since joining CDQ in August 2014, work as an associate at CDQ, handling complex commercial litigation, which includes (among other items) prosecuting and defending lawsuits in state court, federal court, bankruptcy court, state and federal appellate courts, and private binding arbitration as well as alternative dispute resolution.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Appellate, Bankruptcy: Business, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Construction Litigation: Business
First Admitted: 2011, Arizona
Professional Webpage: http://ckdqlaw.com/attorneys/neilstuart/
- Selected as a Southwest Rising Star in the area of Business Litigation. , 2019, 2020, 2021 Southwest Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- , Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers
- During law school, participated in the National Moot Court Competition and was awarded American College of Trial Lawyers Medal for Excellence in Advocacy.
- Acheived the third highest score on the February 2011 state bar exam.
- Over the past eight years, practicing in complex commercial litigation, I have worked on several cases resulting in mutli-million dollar settlements for CDQ's clients. The nature of these settlements are confidential. Handled several trial and appellate court hearings, including provisional remedy hearings, preliminary injunction hearings, discovery disputes, summary judgment arguments and fee applications.
- As a prosecutor at the Maricopa Country Attorney's Office, in the three jury trials that I conducted, I obtained three guilty verdicts. I also obtained ten guilty verdicts in bench trials. , 2013
- Maggie's Place: Provide free legal services to women involved with Maggie's Place - a community that provides a home and hospitality for pregnant/parenting women.
- Authored article in the Federal Bar Association Newsletter regarding persuasive writing tips from the perspective of a district court law clerk.
- Maricopa County Bar Association: Attend bar events sponsored by this Association.
- Federal Bar Association ("FBA"): FBA Board Member, 2019
- St. Thomas More Society: Attend events hosted by the St. Thomas More Society and participate in programs, like Maggie's Place, through this organization.
- Admitted to the Arizona State Bar and Arizona District Court
- Admitted to the California Bar.
- - Alliance Lab, Inc. - First Texas Holdings Corporation - Swift Transportation, Inc. - Trans Union, LLC
- Graduted with honors from the Univeristy of San Francisco School of Law. , 2010
- Business/Commercial Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2024