James L. Williams
Top rated Civil Litigation attorney in Phoenix, ArizonaSchmitt Schneck Even & Williams, P.C.
Practice Areas: Civil Litigation, Business Litigation, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Arizona since: 2008
Education: Baylor Law School
Schmitt Schneck Even & Williams, P.C.1221 East Osborn Road
Phoenix, AZ 85014 Visit website
As a shareholder and director at Schmitt Schneck Casey Even & Williams, P.C., James L. Williams focuses his practice on providing clients in the greater Phoenix area and across Arizona with legal assistance in matters relating to business law and product liability. He favors alternative dispute resolution methods and seeks to avoid protracted legal battles whenever possible, but he is also a skilled litigator who has secured millions of dollars for his clients in court and at the negotiating table. In 2010, Mr. Williams won a jury verdict of more than $4.5 million in a breach of contract case.
After graduating with the highest honors from the University of Texas at Arlington, Mr. Williams went on to attend Baylor Law School. While there, he was awarded the Abner McCall Evidence Award and the Fraley and Fraley Mock Trial Award. He earned his Juris Doctor in 2008 and was subsequently admitted to practice in Arizona and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona. He has also been admitted to practice before the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Arizona and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Mr. Williams helps aspiring attorneys to hone their courtroom skills by coaching the mock trials team at Arizona State University’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. He is also the president of the Christian Legal Society’s Phoenix chapter and sits on the executive council of the State Bar of Arizona’s Religious Liberty Law Section. Mr. Williams is one of a very small group of attorneys to have earned the AV Preeminent* rating through Martindale-Hubbell. This prestigious rating is reserved for attorneys who possess exceptional legal ability and maintain the highest professional and ethical standards.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCivil Litigation: Defense, Business Litigation, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Business/Corporate
Business Organizations, Contracts, Limited Liability Companies, Non-Compete Agreements, Personal Injury - Defense, Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- 50% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 20% Business Litigation
- 20% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Business/Corporate
First Admitted: 2008, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://schmittschneck.com/james-williams/
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- State Bar of Arizona
- James has served on the Executive Counsel of the Religious Liberty Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona since the inception of the Section., 2016
- Abner McCall Evidence Award, Baylor Law School
- "Top Gun" Trial Advocacy Tournament – Finalist, 2nd Place, Baylor Law School
- Fraley and Fraley Mock Trial Award, Baylor Law School
- AV Preeminent Peer Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Mock Trial Team – National Champions, American Association for Justice
- James graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Texas at Arlington in 1999 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in History and was a member of the Alpha Chi National Honor Society., 1999
- James earned his Juris Doctor Degree from Baylor University in 2008. While at Baylor, he was a member of the National Championship 2007 AAJ Mock Trial Team, the 2008 AAJ Mock Trial Team, and the Order of the Barristers. He earned second place in Baylor’s “Top Gun” Trial Advocacy competition and was named a Top 10 Speaker in Baylor’s 2006 Intramural Moot Court Competition. James received the Abner McCall Evidence Award as well as the Fraley and Fraley Mock Trial Award. He served as Vice President of the Federalist Society for Baylor Law School., 2008
- Aspect Systems, Inc. v. Lam Research Corporation - Trial and appellate counsel for plaintiff corporation in federal jury trial awarding $4,526,500 in damages (exclusive of interests, costs, and fees) in breach of contract dispute and Ninth Circuit appeal therefrom – Aspect Systems, Inc. v. Lam Research Corporation, 404 Fed. Appx. 136 (9th Cir. 2010)(included in Arizona Attorney’s 2014 publication of Top 100 Jury Verdicts of the Last Decade), 2008
Office location for James L. Williams
1221 East Osborn Road
Phoenix, AZ 85014
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2018