Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
Attorney Jonathan Hupp is a partner with the Lane, Hupp, & Crowley, PLC, law firm in Phoenix, Arizona. Serving clients throughout the Greater Phoenix metro area and all across the state, Mr. Hupp focuses his practice primarily on criminal defense, and he has helped secure numerous dismissals, acquittals and not-guilty verdicts for his clients accused of a range of criminal offenses, including drug crimes, weapons violations, violent crimes, property crimes, DUI, financial crimes, white collar crimes, domestic violence, sex crimes and more.
Mr. Hupp also has extensive experience advocating on behalf of licensed professionals who are facing disciplinary hearings before their respective governing agencies, and he has represented many clients before grand jury proceedings. Recognized for his impeccable professionalism and exceptional legal abilities, Mr. Hupp has earned numerous awards and honors throughout his career, including Top 40 Under 40 designation from The National Trial Lawyers for the past two years and an award for 10 Best for Client Satisfaction from the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys.
Mr. Hupp attended Rutgers University on a swimming scholarship and graduated with high honors in 2006. He then attended Antonin Scalia Law School, previously known as George Mason University School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor, cum laude, in 2009. While pursuing his legal degree, Mr. Hupp served as a research editor for the George Mason Law Review as well as writing fellow, allowing him to teach legal writing to first-year law students.
Widely regarded as a leader in his field, Mr. Hupp is highly active in his legal community and currently serves as the Vice President of the Criminal Justice Executive Council of the State Bar of Arizona. He also formerly served on the board of directors for New Pathways for Youth.
About Jonathan Hupp
First Admitted: 2010, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://www.lhccriminallawyers.com/attorneys/jonathan-hupp/
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2009
- Rutgers University, Bachelor’s of Arts degree, Major: Political Science and History, Honor: With High Honors (equivalent to magna cum laude), Honor: Big East Conference finalist, Honor: competed in the U.S. National Championships on behalf of Rutgers University, 2006
Pro bono/Community Service
- New Pathways for Youth - Board of Directors, 2017
- New Pathways for Youth - Board of Directors, 2019
- New Pathways for Youth - Board of Directors, 2018
- Not guilty verdicts on all blood alcohol charges in a super extreme DUI in Mesa Municipal Court. Client was charged with super extreme DUI (>.20 BAC) and "impaired to the slightest degree" DUI in Mesa Municipal Court. The blood alcohol concentration was reported at a .231, and after presenting the jury with evidence of errors in the blood alcohol testing and field testing, the jury acquitted my client of all blood alcohol charges (>.20, >.15, & .08) and only convicted him of the lowest "impaired to the slightest degree" charge., 2020
- Motion to dismiss granted and grand jury voted not to indict in Yuma County Superior Court In a case alleging felony counts of obtaining narcotic drugs by fraud, forgery, and related drug and white collar charges, I convinced the Superior Court to grant my motion to dismiss an indictment based on false or misleading information being presented to the Grand Jury. Subsequently, I presented the Attorney General's Office with numerous exculpatory items of evidence and prepared my client for testimony before a re-hearing at the State Grand Jury. Upon reconsidering the case, the Grand Jury declined to indict my client., 2019
- Not guilty verdict on 2 highest charges in DUI case from Pima County Justice Court, 2019
- Not guilty verdict on 3 highest charges in DUI case in Apache Junction Justice Court., 2018
- Not guilty verdict on all charges in indecent exposure case from Phoenix City Court., 2017
- Not guilty verdict on all charges in DUI case from Phoenix City Court., 2017
- State Bar of Arizona, Criminal Justice Executive Council - Vice Chair, 2020
- Thurgood Marshall Inn of Court, 2019
- State Bar of Arizona, Criminal Justice Executive Council - served as young lawyers division representative, 2018
Last Updated: 5/17/2022