J.P. Harrington Bisceglia
Top Rated Insurance Coverage Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
J.P. Harrington Bisceglia is a partner at Christian Dichter & Sluga, P.C. Her primary practice areas are insurance coverage and bad-faith litigation. She has been recognized by Southwest Super Lawyers as a Rising Star since 2014, and has obtained the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating. In 2016, Ms. Harrington Bisceglia was invited to become an Associate Fellow by the Litigation Counsel of America, a designation offered to only half of one percent of all lawyers in America.
J.P. Harrington Bisceglia graduated from the University of San Diego with a degree in Marine Science/Biology. After completing her bachelor’s degree, she worked as a resident marine technician for Scripps Institute of Oceanography where she directed deck operations on research vessels and liaised between scientists and crew. Ms. Harrington Bisceglia later worked as a legal assistant for a law firm in Washington, D.C. Upon discovering her passion for litigation, she attended law school, graduating from the University of San Diego School of Law. There she was a finalist in the Thorsnes Mock Trial Team Closing Argument Competition and planned and organized the California Assembly of Law Leadership (C.A.L.L.) convening Student Bar Association leadership from all California law schools to discuss issues concerning law students state-wide. Ms. Harrington Bisceglia also served as a judicial extern for Judge John A. Houston in the United States District Court Southern District of California.
J.P. Harrington Bisceglia has spent her entire legal career working in insurance defense litigation. She has represented clients in a broad range of cases including insurance coverage disputes, bad faith, medical and other professional liability claims, nursing home litigation, subrogation, and general civil litigation. Ms. Harrington Bisceglia was second-chair at a trial on bad faith and breach of insurance contract claims which resulted in a unanimous defense verdict in favor of the insurance carrier. This verdict was designated one of the ten most significant defense verdicts in 2014 by Arizona Attorney Magazine. Ms. Harrington Bisceglia practices in Arizona State and Federal courts, handling her clients’ needs from case assessment, investigation, discovery, settlement, trial and appeal. She has presented educational material to claims adjusters and managers in private in-house settings as well as at PLRB Regional Conferences.
Ms. Harrington Bisceglia was a member of the 2014 class of Ladder Down, a year-long program that provides women lawyers with tangible tools and training for getting ahead and focuses on three core concepts: leadership, business development, and mentoring. Ms. Harrington Bisceglia was also a member of the 2016 inaugural class of SheLEADS, a professional development and skills training workshop series for high-impact women invested in career success, community and each other.
About J.P. Harrington Bisceglia
First Admitted: 2008, Arizona
Professional Webpage: http://www.cdslawfirm.com/attorneys/harrington-bisceglia
- University of San Diego School of Law, 2008
- University of San Diego College of Arts and Sciences BA in Marine Science, Biology, 2002
- Second chaired trial to unanimous defense verdict in favor of insurance company on breach of contract and bad faith claims arising from claim relating to property damage to home and alleged resultant loss of business. Verdict was one of ten most significant defense verdicts in Arizona in 2014., 2014
- Promoted from Associate due to tenure and experience , Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, 2020
- AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale Hubbel, 2014
- A close-knit, peer-selected, and aggressively diverse honorary society of 3,500 of the best trial lawyers you will find anywhere. Less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers, vigorously vetted for skills, expertise, and service; an invitation-only collegial network of lawyers who effectively represent clients across North America and around the world., Associate Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, 2016
- Outstanding Young Attorney, Top Attorneys Arizona, 2014
- State Bar of New Mexico, 2020
Pro bono/Community Service
- Executive Leadership Board of Athena Valley of the Sun - spearheading reorganization of non-profit to focus on sustainability and progression of goals to celebrate and support women leaders in Phoenix, 2021
- University of San Diego School of Law - President of Phoenix Alumni Board, 2018
- University of San Diego - Co-President of Phoenix Alumni Association, 2013
- NAMWOLF Executive Leaders Iniative- supports education and programming focused on business development in minority and women owned law firms., 2020
- Maricopa County Bar Association - Diversity and Inclusion Committee - as member supports committee in programming and education to foster and support diversity in Maricopa County Bar, 2020
- Member of Arizona Association of Defense Counsel Diversity Task Force - identifying and executing ways to support diversity of lawyers in civil defense bar in Arizona, 2020
Last Updated: 5/15/2022