Kevin J. Tucker
Top rated personal injury attorney in Phoenix, ArizonaTucker & Miller LLP
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Medical malpractice, Products liability; view more
Licensed in Arizona since: 1990
Education: Arizona State University Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law
Tucker & Miller LLP1440 E. Missouri Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85014 Visit website
A civil litigation attorney and partner at the law firm Tucker & Miller, Kevin J. Tucker serves his clients on legal matters regarding personal injury including medical malpractice, product liability, automobile injury, employment discrimination, equine law, construction accidents, professional negligence and wrongful death, along with insurance bad faith. The firm is based in Phoenix, Arizona, and he takes on cases from across the state.
Advocating on behalf of his clients, Mr. Tucker aims to protect the rights of those who have been harmed by the actions of others. He understands the impact it has on the lives of individuals and their families, and puts in consistent efforts to strive for results in their best interests. Over his three decades of law practice, he has secured verdicts and settlements worth millions of dollars for his clients. He is peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale Hubbell, and honoring the quality of client service, he has received a “Good” rating on Avvo.
Mr. Tucker has active law practice licenses in Arizona, Utah and the District of Columbia. He also appears before the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona and the White Mountain Apache Tribal Court. He attended the Arizona State University to complete his bachelor’s degree in 1985 and graduated magna cum laude with his J.D. from the Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Tempe, Arizona, in 1990.
Handling cases from collisions, slip-and-falls and police misconduct to brain injuries, sex discrimination and design defects, Mr. Tucker is reputed as a candid and empathetic attorney in the law community. He prioritizes his clients’ needs while crafting strategies and is mindful of the emotional and financial toll that long-drawn litigation can have on its engaging parties. Hence, he lends his mediating and arbitrating skills to help other attorneys and their clients in times of need, in addition to applying them in his cases.
Apart from being inducted into The Order of the Coif honorary society, Mr. Tucker has memberships in various legal associations including the Maricopa County Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Arizona Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff, Professional liability: plaintiff
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Informed consent, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical, Legal malpractice, Professional malpractice - other
- 60% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 10% Professional liability: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1990, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://tuckermillerlaw.com/attorneys/kevin-j-tucker/
- Member of the CLE Committee for Arizona Trial Lawyers
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, Seminar Committee, 2003 – 2005
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- American Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- White Mountain Apache Tribal Court
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- District of Columbia
- Arizona State University, B.S. – 1985
- I am actively engaged in Pro Bono work in the community. Most of our Pro Bono work is done on behalf of individuals who cannot afford to retain an attorney in the drafting of wills and powers of attorney as well as personal injury matters., 1990
- I have acted as a lecturer in the break-out sessions of the Arizona State Bar's Professionalism Course on three different occasions., Lecture, Arizona State Bar Professionalism Course, 2008
- I have lectured at the Arizona Trial Lawyer's Liens Seminar., Arizona Trial Lawyers
- I have been selected as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers for the past two years., Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale Hubbell
- Order of the Coif, 1989
- $2,000,000 Settlement (policy limits) for young man who sustained a leg fracture after being struck by a medical transport vehicle., 2015
- Medical Malpractice case resolved for $1,000,000.
- Product liability vehicle design case resolved for $8,000,000
- Medical Malpractice case resolved for over $7,000,000
- Automobile Product Liability Claim resolved for over $4,000,000
- Pharmaceutical error wrongful death claim resolved for over $4,000,000. This claim involved the death of a woman who was given the incorrect medication by a pharmacist, which resulted in her death. The family approached me to ask for advice. I asked to see the medication and then contacted the manufacturer and was informed that the medication given was not the medication prescribed.
- I have had numerous medical malpractice claims resolve in the mid to high six figures.
- Client severely injured when she was struck by a vehicle. She sustained brain and other injuries. After filing suit we resolved her claims for $4.5 million, 2020
Office location for Kevin J. Tucker
1440 E. Missouri Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85014
- Super Lawyers: 2023