Michael J. Shew
Top rated Family Law attorney in Phoenix, ArizonaMichael J. Shew Ltd.
Practice Areas: Family Law, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Arizona since: 1995
Attorney Michael J. Shew is the founder and owner of Michael J. Shew, LTD., law firm in Phoenix, Arizona. A top-ranked trial lawyer with more than 26 years of total legal experience, Mr. Shew provides invaluable counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Phoenix metro and across Maricopa County who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Divorce proceedings, including same-sex and covenant marriages
· Legal separation
· Complex property and debt division
· Child custody and parenting time issues
· Child support establishment, modification and enforcement
· Paternity actions involving unmarried parents
· Parenting time and visitation
· Interstate custody issues
· Orders of protection
· Grandparent's rights
· Nonparent and third-party custody
· Pre- and post-marital agreements
Certified as a family law specialist by the State Bar of Arizona's Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Shew possesses the extensive skills and resources necessary to handle his clients' legal matters efficiently, and he has obtained remarkable success helping his clients obtain their goals and the favorable outcomes they seek as cost-effectively as possible. Along with handling all aspect of family and matrimonial law, he also handles personal injury cases, and he has gained a reputation for delivering unmatched representation to his clients, no matter their legal issues.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Shew has earned consistent recognition from his peers as being among the top lawyers in his region. He has also received superb, 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo along with many testimonials and referrals from those he has served.
A 1992 graduate of Arizona State University, Tempe, Mr. Shew attended Arizona State University's College of Law as a Willard H. Pedrick Scholar, and he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1995. He is admitted to practice before all Arizona state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona.
A leader in his field, Mr. Shew is a member of the State Bar of Arizona, the American Bar Association and the Maricopa County Bar Association. He has also served as judge pro tempore for the Maricopa County Superior Court, and he has published articles and conducted lectures and seminars on a variety of legal topics.
Practice areasFamily Law, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1995, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://www.michaelshew.com/projects
- Arizona State University College of Law Willard Pedrick Scholar, 1995
- Recipient: Annual Award for Top Pro Bono Attorneys from Arizona Supreme Court, 2006
- Designed program for litigants without lawyers for the Family Lawyers Assistance Program run by Community Legal Services, 2005
- Title 25 and the Family Court’s Authority to Order Non-Consensual Substance Abuse Assessment and Testing: Questioning AssumptionsState Bar of Arizona Family Law Section newsletter (May 2012 edition), Title 25 and the Family Court’s Authority to Order Non-Consensual Substance Abuse Assessment and Testing: Questioning Assumptions, 2012
- Certified Family Law Specialist State Bar of Arizona, Board of Legal Specialization, 2016
- Member of State Bar of Arizona Family Law Practice and Procedure Committee, 2006
- Certified Family Law Specialist State Bar of Arizona, Board of Legal Specialization, 2016, 2016
Office location for Michael J. Shew
15835 South 46th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85048
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2024