Richard B. Murphy
Top rated civil litigation attorney in Phoenix, ArizonaMurphy Cordier Casale Axel PLC
Richard B. Murphy is an attorney and the managing partner of Murphy Cordier PLC, a construction, real estate and business law firm in Phoenix, Arizona. Mr. Murphy’s practice primarily focuses on construction, real estate, surety and business litigation matters. He also handles a wide range of commercial litigation cases. His clients come from throughout Arizona and include contractors, developers, owners, specialty contractors, suppliers and others in the construction and development industries.
In addition to his extensive experience as a litigator, Mr. Murphy serves as a private arbitrator and mediator in commercial litigation matters and regularly defends licensed contractors in hearings before the Arizona Registrar of Contractors. Recognized for his accomplishments in the legal profession, he is an AV Preeminent* peer review-rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell and a fellow in the Construction Lawyers Society of America.
Active in the community, Mr. Murphy is involved with the Arizona Builders Alliance and the Knights of Columbus. He is a former chair of the State Bar of Arizona’s construction law section, past president of the St. Francis Xavier School Advisory Board, chair of the St. Francis Xavier Parish Pastoral Council ) 2019 - 2021), served on the St. Francis Capital Campaign, and currently serves on the Xavier College Preparatory Board of Trustees (VP - 2021 - 2022) and Development Committee. He lectures on a variety of legal topics, including alternative construction delivery methods, Arizona lien laws, contractor license bonds, contractor licensing laws and construction litigation topics.
Mr. Murphy earned a bachelor of arts degree in political science from the University of Arizona and received his law degree from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Law. He obtained his license to practice law in Arizona in 1993 and is qualified to appear before all Arizona state courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCivil litigation: plaintiff, Construction litigation: business, Real estate: business, Business litigation, Civil litigation: defense, Surety
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 40% Construction litigation: business
- 20% Real estate: business
- 10% Business litigation
- 10% Civil litigation: defense
- 10% Surety
First Admitted: 1993, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://www.mcattorneys.com/attorneys/richard-b-murphy/
- Lien Laws in Arizona
- Various Construction Litigation Topics
- Contractor License Bonds
- Payment and Performance Bonds
- Contractor Licensing Laws
- Alternative Delivery Methods
- State Bar of Arizona, Member – Construction Law Section (Chair, 2000-2001)
- Arizona, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1993
- Martindale AV© Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Loyola University New Orleans Masters of Pastoral Studies (anticipated graduation date: 2024), 2018
- University of Arizona Bachelor of Science, Political Science, 1989
- Xavier College Preparatory Board of Trustees, 2019
- St. Francis Capital Campaign Committee, 2017
- Xavier College Preparatory Development Committee, 2019
- St. Francis Xavier Parish Pastoral Council (Chair 2019 - 2021), 2017
- Knights of Columbus
- Arizona Builders Alliance
- School Advisory Board, St. Francis Xavier Elementary School (President 2012 - 2014)
- Real Estate Development
Office location for Richard B. Murphy
4647 N. 32nd Street,
Phoenix, AZ 85018
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023