Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
Selected to Rising Stars: 2014 - 2020
Sara Thomas is an attorney at Phoenix-based law firm Jones | Raczkowski | Thomas. A native of Arizona, she focuses her practice on personal injury and wrongful death litigation, providing dedicated representation to clients throughout the state who have incurred economic and non-economic losses due to the negligence of other parties. The types of cases that Mrs. Thomas has handled have involved truck and other types of motor vehicle crashes, nursing home abuse, auto-pedestrian accidents, premises liability, and medical malpractice. She also represents policy holders whose claims have been denied in bad faith by their insurance companies.
During her career, Sara has been able to obtain numerous sizable settlements and jury awards on behalf of her plaintiff clients, and her successes in this regard have drawn the attention of her fellow professionals. The recipient of a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo, she has also been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40. Admitted to practice before all Arizona state courts, Sara is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Sara majored in history at The University of Arizona, and after receiving a Bachelor of Arts she then went on to pursue her legal education at the University of Kansas School of Law. She was subsequently awarded her Juris Doctor after serving clerkships with different law firms. Sara initially joined Jones | Raczkowski | Thomas in 2010 and rejoined the firm in July 2017 after being associated with another Phoenix-area personal injury law firm. A member of the board of governors of the State Bar of Arizona, her other professional affiliations include the Arizona Association for Justice, and she has volunteered for many civic organizations as well.
About Sara Thomas
First Admitted: 2010, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://www.bojolaw.com/attorney/siesco-sara/
- University of Arizona - Bachelor of the Arts - Major: History, Minor: Business
- Junior League, Volunteer
- Phoenix Art Museum, Volunteer
- Big Brothers Sisters, Volunteer
- St. Vincent de Paul, Volunteer
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2014 - 2017
- Boys and Girls Club, Volunteer
Pro bono/Community Service
- Ms. Siesco has proudly donated her time to Central Arizona Big Brothers and Sister's program and the Junior League of Phoenix. She is involved with the Women’s Metropolitan Arts Council at the Phoenix Art Museum, Fresh Start Women's Foundation, and is on the Board of Directors for the Boys and Girls Club of the East Valley.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Sara Siesco is a competitive runner, finishing Top 3 in age group at the 2012 Carlsbad Marathon, Top 5 in Age Group at the 2013 Phoenix P.F. Changs Marathon, and finished in the top 9% of female runners competing from around the world at the 2013 Boston Marathon.
- Arizona Association of Justice Ethics Seminar Chair, 2016
- American Association for Justice, Member
- AZ Women Lawyers Association, Member
- Chair and Faculty of the Arizona Association of Justice Ethics Seminar 2018. I presented on how to avoid malpractice under the new Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure., 2018
- She is also a member of the Thurgood Marshall Inn of Court and has presented on the Civil Rights Act of Arizona and Public Accommodation.
- Governor, Board of Governors, State Bar of Arizona., 2017
- Arizona Trial Lawyer's Association. Ms. Siesco is on the seminar committee for the Arizona Association for Justice, and is a chair of its 2014, 2013 and 2012 Ethics Seminars.
- Maricopa County Bar Association Faculty Member in Discovery Fundamentals, 2016
- Governor, State Bar of Arizona Board of Governors., 2018
Last Updated: 5/15/2022