Shelley Detwiller Digiacomo
Top rated business & corporate attorney in Phoenix, ArizonaDetwiller DiGiacomo & Pisaruk PLLC
Practice Areas: Business & corporate, Mergers & acquisitions, Real estate; view more
Licensed in Arizona since: 2004
Education: Cornell University Law School
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Detwiller DiGiacomo & Pisaruk PLLC99 E. Virginia Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85004 Visit website
Shelley Detwiller DiGiacomo is a co-founder and attorney at Detwiller DiGiacomo & Pisaruk, PLLC, in Phoenix, Arizona. A versatile attorney with more than 22 years of legal experience, she focuses her practice on business law and corporate law with a special emphasis on mergers and acquisitions.
Authorized to practice law in both the states of New York (2000) and Arizona (2004), Ms. DiGiacomo has extensive experience in representing a diverse range of clientele, including small-scale startups, entrepreneurs and large private companies. Well-versed and knowledgeable in the legal niche of securities law, she assists and counsels companies and investors on securities transactions. She also advises them and promptly helps them with business matters involving loan agreements, licensing agreements, commercial contracts, and the acquisition and sale of assets.
A magna cum laude graduate of Arizona State University, Ms. DiGiacomo obtained her Bachelor of Science degree in political science in 1995 and later her master’s degree from New York University in 1996. She joined Cornell Law School the same year and received her Juris Doctor in 1999. At the law school, she was inducted into the Order of Coif, an honorary society, and served as an article editor at the Cornell Law Review as well.
Highly endorsed by numerous previous clients, Ms. DiGiacomo always takes her clients’ best interests and goals into account and creatively thinks out of the box before arriving at a final solution. Ms. DiGiacomo focuses on providing quality and exceptional legal representation to all her clients without any bias.
Ms. DiGiacomo has been named one of the Best Lawyers in America in corporate law by the U.S. News & World Report since 2013.
An esteemed member of several sections and committees of the State Bar of Arizona, Ms. DiGiacomo is also an active member of the American Bar Association.
Practice areasBusiness/corporate, Mergers & acquisitions, Real estate: business, Securities & corporate finance
- 40% Business/corporate
- 20% Mergers & acquisitions
- 20% Real estate: business
- 20% Securities & corporate finance
First Admitted: 2000, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.ddplegal.com/our-people.html
- Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center, Rising Entrepreneurs Program, presenter "Choosing a Corporate Form and Other Start-up Considerations"
- Arizona State University, Corporate and Business Law Society 2013, Women in Law Panel, November 14, 2013
- Articles Editor, 1998-1999, Cornell Law Review
- Recipient, 2013 - 2015, Corporate Law, U.S. News and World Report Best Lawyers in America
- Inductee, Order of the Coif
- Included in the 19th, 20th and 21st editions of The Best Lawyers in America for Corporate Law., The Best Lawyers in America, 2013
- Represent Uphill Into the Wind and Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS on a pro bono basis
- M.A., New York University; Honor: McCracken Fellow, 1996
- B.S., Arizona State University; Honors: Magna Cum Laude; Flinn Scholar, 1995
- New York, 2000
- Arizona, 2004
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- State Bar of Arizona, Legal Services Committee
- Member-at-Large, Arizona State Bar, Business Section, Executive Council, Publications Committee, 2014
Office location for Shelley Detwiller Digiacomo
99 E. Virginia Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023