Top rated business litigation attorney in Scottsdale, ArizonaWilliams Commercial Law Group
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Aviation & aerospace, Business & corporate; view more
Licensed in Arizona since: 1976
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Daryl Williams is an attorney and the founding partner of the law firm of Williams Commercial Law Group, in Phoenix, Arizona. Mr. Williams handles complex cases involving aviation law, business divorce, high-end contract breach and high-stakes business litigation. He has more than 40 years of legal experience and represents clients in Phoenix as well as statewide and nationwide in aviation matters.
Mr. Williams represents a wide variety of clients, including base operators, municipalities, and private jet owners. Possessing extensive litigation experience, he has tried hundreds of cases over the course of his career involving antitrust matters, bad faith insurance, contracts, construction law, real estate and unfair trade practices.
In addition to running his law practice, Mr. Williams is a commercially licensed pilot with instrument and multi-engine ratings. He is a member of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and the National Business Aviation Association and volunteers his time with Veteran Airlift Command, an organization that assists with transporting post-9/11 injured combat veterans and their families.
Mr. Williams received a bachelor’s degree in economics from Brigham Young University. He went on to graduate cum laude from Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark Law School and obtained his license to practice law in 1976. He is qualified to appear in all Arizona state courts and before several federal courts and the Supreme Court of the United States.
In recognition of his professional accomplishments, Martindale-Hubbell awarded him an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. This is the highest rating available by the organization.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Aviation and aerospace, Business/corporate, Transportation/maritime
- 70% Business litigation
- 10% Aviation and aerospace
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Transportation/maritime
First Admitted: 1975
Professional Webpage: https://wmsclg.com
- National Business Aviation Association (NBAA)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- AV-rated trial lawyer
- American Diabetes Association, Arizona Affiliate Board Member and Chair, 1994-1997
- Arizona School for the Arts (Charter School), President, 2000-2001
- Arizona School for the Arts (Charter School), Secretary, 1998-2000
- Arizona School for the Arts (Charter School), Member, Board of Governors, 1997-2001
- American Diabetes Association, Board of Directors and Research Policy Committee, 2002-2005
- American Diabetes Association, Board Member for the Mountain States Regional Board (Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming), 1997-2002
- Ballet & Friends, a §501(c)(3) — An organization supporting ballet for young men and women, 2008-Present
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA)
- Arizona School for the Arts (Charter School), Board of Advisors, 2012-Present
- Veterans Airlift Command, Volunteer
- B.A., Brigham Young University, Economics with Honors, 1973
- An eminent domain case to retake possession of an airport leased via a thirty-year lease to an airport authority. The defense being that this violated the contract clause of the U.S. Constitution and was a improper attempt to terminate the lease. The case was removed to federal court and remanded to state court, where judgment was entered in favor of the City of Kingman condemning the property without any payment to the airport authority because there was no fair market value to its leasehold., 2018
- About Williams|Mestaz, Williams|Mestaz, Litigation, Business, Aviation, 2019
- M-14P, 2019
- Children's Learning Adventure, 2019
- Wiseman Aviation, 2019
- DBT Yuma/DBT Goodyear, 2018
Office location for Daryl Williams
14631 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2009, 2015 - 2023