James R. Nearhood
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Scottsdale, AZ
James R. Nearhood is the managing partner of the Nearhood Law Offices, PLC, in Scottsdale, Arizona. He began his practice in Arizona in 1976, and assists clients in the areas of real estate, business law, tax law and estate planning.
With more than 30 years of legal experience, Mr. Nearhood handles a variety of cases. He helps clients with the buying, selling, leasing and financing of real estate, as well as advises on real estate subdivisions. He also works on leases of Native American trust lands. He has extensive experience in inter-business contractual agreements, business organization and business sales and purchases. He also assists with construction documentation and dispute resolution. He regularly appears before the Arizona Tax Court and appellate courts on property tax issues and appeals.
Mr. Nearhood is a certified real estate specialist in the state of Arizona, and a member of the Real Property and Law Practice sections of the American Bar Association, the Real Property section of the Arizona State Bar Association, and the Maricopa Bar Association.
- 80%Real Estate: Business
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
- 10%Tax: Business
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- State Bar of Arizona – Board of Legal Specialization
Real Estate Law
About James R. Nearhood
First Admitted: 1976, Arizona
Professional Webpage: http://www.nearhoodlaw.com/Attorney-Profiles/James-R-Nearhoo...
- Frequent Lecturer, State Bar and Legal Groups on Issues of Leasing, Real Estate, and Property Taxation.
- Law Review: Lead Articles Editor, Nebraska Law Review
- Nearhood is Honored to be among an Elite Group of Attorneys
- "A" Rated (The Highest Rating) Martindale-Hubbell National Law Directory
- State Bar of Arizonia as a Real Estate Specialist
- Real Estate Specialist, State Bar of Arizona, 1991
- University of Nebraska, B.S., 1972
Last Updated: 5/15/2022