Sonia M. Phanse
Top rated Tax attorney in Scottsdale, ArizonaShein Phanse Adkins, P.C.
A partner at Scottsdale, Arizona-based Shein Phanse Adkins, P.C., Sonia M. Phanse handles a variety of matters for her business and individual clients in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area. A primary area of her practice consists of federal income tax planning, as she possesses a master’s of law in taxation from Golden Gate University School of Law in San Francisco, having received that degree in 2005. Ms. Phanse's tax practice includes like-kind exchanges under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code, the structuring of capital gains, cancellation of indebtedness, the taxation of foreign entities and individuals, and the U.S. tax treatment of foreign source income.
Ms. Phanse also advises area companies and residents on transactional and other business matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, entity formation, shareholder, operating and partnership agreements, employment contracts, debt and equity financing, and debt restructuring. Her business clients range from startup companies to publicly-traded entities.
In addition to her tax and business law practice, Ms. Phanse handles a variety of estate planning matters for local residents. She prepares and reviews trusts, wills, powers of attorney, business succession plans and other related estate planning documents.
Ms. Phanse is admitted to practice before all Arizona, California and Hawaii state courts. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the United States Tax Court. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in broadcast journalism from the University of Southern California, and she was awarded her Juris Doctor by Golden Gate University School of Law a year before her receipt of her master of laws in taxation. Ms. Phanse is a member of the Tax Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona and other professional groups.
Practice areasTax: Business, Business/Corporate, Estate Planning & Probate
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Contracts, Estate Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Living Wills, Partnership, Power of Attorney, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Tax Law, Trusts, Wills
- 50% Tax: Business
- 30% Business/Corporate
- 20% Estate Planning & Probate
First Admitted: 2005, California
Professional Webpage: https://spa.law/attorneys/sonia-m-phanse/
- University of Southern California, B.A., 2000
- U.S. Tax Court, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2006
- State Bar of California, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Arizona, 2006
- State Bar of Arizona, 2006
- State Bar of Hawaii, 2011
- Rising Star, Taxation, Southwest Super Lawyers, 2013.
- Peer Rating , AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2018
- LLM in Federal Taxation from Golden Gate University School of Law, 2005
- Admitted in Arizona, California and Hawaii
- Presenter at CLE presented by the State Bar of Arizona, Presenter, Basic Commercial Real Estate Practice Series: Closings, Entity Selection & Financing Structures, 2017
- Presented at seminar, Presenter, Basic Commercial Real Estate Practice Series: Closings, Entity Selection and Financing Structures, State Bar of Arizona, Real Estate, 2019
Office location for Sonia M. Phanse
6720 North Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85253
- Rising Stars: 2013