Steven A. Cohen
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Scottsdale, AZ
Steven A. Cohen is the founder and principal of Cohen Law, located in Scottsdale, Arizona. Focusing his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation, he represents individuals and families who have been harmed by the negligence of others in matters involving motor vehicle, motorcycle, bicycle accidents, dog bites and claims involving unsafe and dangerous premises. Mr. Cohen represents clients from all over the state of Arizona.
After receiving a Bachelor of Science in political science summa cum laude from Arizona State University in 1975, Mr. Cohen went on to attend what is now known as the Arizona State University Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1978. Admitted to practice in Arizona, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. Mr. Cohen has been certified as a specialist in personal injury and wrongful death litigation by the State Bar of Arizona, and he has served as a judge pro tem on the Paradise Valley Municipal Court since 2001.
Mr. Cohen is an active participant in several professional organizations, including the American Association for Justice and the Arizona Association for Justice. His extensive involvement in community affairs has included his six years of service as a member of the Paradise Valley Planning Commission. Highly regarded by his fellow professionals on account of his excellent track record and high ethical standards, Mr. Cohen has received an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell as well as an "Excellent" peer-review rating through Avvo, the online legal directory and forum.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2012, 2016 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- State Bar of Arizona – Board of Legal Specialization
Injury and Wrongful Death Law
About Steven A. Cohen
First Admitted: 1978, Arizona
Professional Webpage: http://www.cohenlawgrp.com/attorney-profile/
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyer, 2007
- , Phi Beta Kappa, 1975
Pro bono/Community Service
- Magistrate - Paradise Valley Municipal Court (2001 - Present)
- Certified as a Specialist in Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation by the State Bar of Arizona
- Arizona State University JD Arizona State University College of Law B.S., Political Science, Summa Cum Laude, 1975
- Member, Arizona and U.S. District Courts, District of Arizona, 1978
- Member, U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- Sustaining Member and former director, Arizona Association for Justice
- Member, U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1980
Last Updated: 5/15/2022