Craig W. Penrod
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Tempe, ArizonaLaw Offices of Craig W. Penrod, P.C.
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, DUI-DWI, White Collar Crimes; view more
Licensed in Arizona since: 1976
Education: Arizona State University Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law
Law Offices of Craig W. Penrod, P.C.4015 S McClintock Dr
Tempe, AZ 85282 Visit website
An attorney at the Law Offices of Craig W. Penrod, P.C., Mr. Penrod defends people throughout the state of Arizona who have been charged with criminal offenses. Over the last 40 years, Mr. Penrod has represented dozens of clients that include executives, doctors, law enforcement officers and athletes.
Fellow attorneys and media outlets often approach Mr. Penrod to give his testimony and opinion in DUI cases. For example, the state was ordered to pay attorneys' defense fees by the Arizona Court of Appeals after evidence was presented in a case involving the misconduct of the Phoenix Police Department Laboratory Services Bureau. Mr. Penrod gave expert testimony in that hearing. In more than 1,600 cases, breath test evidence was suppressed due to the crime lab's errors.
Mr. Penrod has received the highest peer review rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell and an Avvo "Superb" rating. These nods from the legal community are due to his ability to dissect the prosecution's argument, and use evidence and the law to obtain a positive outcome for clients.
As a frequent guest speaker, Mr. Penrod is highly involved in legal organizations such as the State Bar of Arizona, the American Bar Association, the Arizona Association for Justice, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Maricopa County Bar Association and the American Association for Justice.
In 1973, Mr. Penrod received a Bachelor of Science from Arizona State University. He then earned a Juris Doctor in 1976 from the Arizona State University Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal Defense: White Collar
Criminal Law, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Sex Offenses, White Collar Crime
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 40% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal Defense: White Collar
First Admitted: 1976, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://www.penrodduilaw.com/attorney/craig-w-penrod/
- Listed in the Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers
- AV® rated, the highest rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers Edition 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Appeared in East Valley Tribune
- Appeared in Arizona Republic
- Certified by the Arizona State Bar Association as a Criminal Law Specialist
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member
- State of Nevada Bar Association, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Criminal Law Advisory Commission, State Bar of Arizona
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- National College for DUI Defense, Member
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Arizona State University - Sandra Day O'Connor , 1976
- MVD Hearings and Vehicle Seizures, Arizona State Bar Association sponsored seminar, Understanding the Inner Workings of MVD Rules, Hearings, Policies & Practices, Speaker, 2006
- MVD Hearings and Vehicle Seizures, Arizona State Bar Association sponsored seminar, Understanding the Inner Workings of MVD Rules, Hearings, Policies & Practices, Speaker, 2007
Office location for Craig W. Penrod
4015 S McClintock Dr
Tempe, AZ 85282
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2015, 2019 - 2023
Certificates and credentials