Benjamin J. Burnside
Top rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney in Tucson, ArizonaBogutz & Gordon, P.C.
Practice Areas: Estate Planning & Probate, Elder Law, Tax; view more
Licensed in Arizona since: 1994
Certified as a specialist in estate and trust law by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization, Benjamin J. Burnside focuses his practice on estate planning and administration. An attorney at Tucson, Arizona-based Bogutz and Gordon, he provides representation to clients throughout the greater metropolitan area. Admitted to practice in Arizona, Mr. Burnside is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona and the U.S. Tax Court, and he has been certified as an elder law attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation as well.
Mr. Burnside handles basic estate planning matters as well as more complex ones, but in every case, he tailors the plan to meet the goals of each individual client. He has prepared and reviewed simple wills, trusts, health care and financial powers of attorney, and advance medical directives. For clients whose estates are more expansive, Mr. Burnside has recommended family limited partnerships, irrevocable life insurance trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, and qualified personal residence trusts. He has also reviewed beneficiary designations for his clients' retirement plans and life insurance policies, helping to ensure that they take into account changes such as a divorce or the birth or death of a loved one. The overall high quality of his work has not gone unnoticed by his fellow attorneys, and they have awarded him an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. He has also been selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Burnside attended the University of Virginia’s McIntire School of Commerce and received a Bachelor of Science in 1991. His legal education came at the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, and in 1994, he was awarded his Juris Doctor. Mr. Burnside also holds an LL.M. in taxation from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate Planning & Probate, Elder Law, Tax: Business, Administrative Law
Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Tax Law, Trusts, Wills
- 50% Estate Planning & Probate
- 20% Elder Law
- 20% Tax: Business
- 10% Administrative Law
First Admitted: 1994, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://bogutzandgordon.com/staff/benjamin-j-burnside/
- Member, Board of the Southern Arizona Estate Planning Council
- Member, State Bar of Arizona, Probate & Trust Section, Executive Council
- Past Chair, Estate and Trust Advisory Commission, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Pima County Bar Association
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Past Chair, Probate and Trust Law Executive Council, State Bar of Arizona
- Chair, Board of Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
- Editor, Arizona Law Review, University of Arizona College of Law, 1994
- University of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce, B.S. in Commerce, 1991
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law and Daniels College of Business, LL.M. in Taxation, 2016
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Magna Cum Laude, University of Arizona College of Law, 1994
- Martindale-Hubbell's AV-Preeminent
- Certified Specialist in Estate and Trust Law - State Bar of Arizona
- Certified Elder Law Attorney - National Elder Law Foundation
Office location for Benjamin J. Burnside
3503 North Campbell Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85719
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2012, 2014 - 2023