James A. Whitehill
Top rated Real Estate attorney in Tucson, ArizonaWhitehill Law Offices, P.C.
Practice Areas: Real Estate, Estate Planning & Probate, Business & Corporate; view more
Licensed in Arizona since: 1986
James A. Whitehill is a real estate attorney at Whitehill Law Offices, P.C., in Tucson, Arizona. Mr. Whitehill has over 35 years of legal experience and represents clients in Tucson and throughout the state.
As a real estate attorney, Mr. Whitehill is the recipient of many honors and distinctions. He is a certified specialist in real estate law by the State Bar of Arizona and a fellow in the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division. In 1995, he was named an “Outstanding Young Lawyer” by the State Bar of Arizona and the Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona presented him with awards in 1997 and 2009.
As an active member of his legal community, Mr. Whitehill participates in many organizations. He belongs to various sections of the American Bar Association. Additionally, he previously served as president of the State Bar of Arizona Young Lawyers Division and sat on the association’s board of governors. He has also held leadership positions in the Pima County Bar Association.
Mr. Whitehill is committed to serving his local community. He sits on the board of the Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona and is a former president of the Jewish Family & Children’s Service.
A cum laude graduate of Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois, where he received a bachelor’s degree, Mr. Whitehill went on to earn his law degree from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law. He is qualified to practice law before all Arizona state courts and the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona.
Practice areasReal Estate: Business, Estate Planning & Probate, Business/Corporate, Real Estate: Consumer
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Contracts, Estate Planning, Landlord/Tenant, Limited Liability Companies, Living Wills, Mortgage & Refinance, Partnership, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Short Sale, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Trusts, Wills
First Admitted: 1986, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://www.jameswhitehill.com/attorney/whitehill-james-a/
- Jewish Community Foundation of Southern Arizona, 2007-2020, President and Chair of the Board, 2016-2018, Senior Vice President, 2015-2016, Vice President/Secretary, 2010-2015
- Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona, 1996-Present, Board of Directors; 2005-Present, Executive Committee; 2005-Present, Personnel Committee Chair; 2006-2009, B'Nai Tzedek Youth Philanthropy Chair
- Arizona Town Hall, 2002-Present, Member
- Foothills Futbol Club (Soccer), 1998-2005, Coach
- Man of the Year, Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona, 2011
- Association of Jewish Family and Children's Agencies, 1997-2000, National Board Member
- Congregation Or Chadash, 1995-Present, Treasurer Capital Campaign, Education Committee, Ritual Committee, Caring Committee
- Young Man of the Year, Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona, 1997
- Meritorious Service Award, Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona, 2009
- Jewish Family and Children's Services, 1986-1998, Board of Directors; 1996-1998, President
- Catalina Council, B.S.A., Spanish Trails District Chair 2008-2010, Troop 100 Committee Chair 2006-2008, Pack 107 Committee Secretary, Merit Badge Counselor
- Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind, 2000-2003, Board of Directors
- Stand Up To Justice Lawyer of the Quarter (Summer 2019)
- Pi Sigma Alpha and Sigma Nu Legal Fraternities
- American Bar Association, Fellow of the Young Lawyers Division, 1996
- Pi Sigma Alpha, National Political Science Honor Society
- Volunteer Lawyer Program Pro Bono Attorney of the Month, Pima County, 2003
- Fifty Outstanding Pro Bono Attorneys, Arizona, 2010, 2012
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate, 2010-2020
- NALS of Tucson and Southern Arizona "Tucson's Legal Support Professionals", Boss of the Year, 2015
- Outstanding Young Lawyer, State Bar of Arizona, 1995
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
- Arizona's Finest Lawyers, 2011-2020
- An Alphabet Soup of Business Structures, LLC's, LP's, S's, C's & LLP's
- Buyer's Seminar 201, Deal Points and Due Diligence
- Buyer's Seminar 101, How to Buy a Business
- Commercial Leases 101, Things that Can Go Bump in the Night
- Commercial Landlord and Tenant Law in a Nutshell
- The A, B, C's of Estate Planning
- Considerations When Negotiating and Preparing a Commercial Lease
- Apex Banner and Sign
- PCS, Inc.
- Excelsior Real Estate
- Bassuk Brothers Management, Inc.
- Yorktown Corporation
- Gerson's Used Building Materials, Inc.
- PICOR Commercial Real Estate Services, Inc.
- Pima County Bar Association, President, Young Lawyers Division, 1988 - 1989
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Arizona, Young Lawyers Division, President
- Pima County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 1988 - 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 1987
- State Bar of Arizona, Sections of Real Estate, Business Law, Probate & Trust, Member
- State Bar of Arizona, President, Young Lawyers Division, 1993 - 1994
- Real Estate Specialist, State Bar of Arizona Committee, 2015-Present
- Arizona, 1986
- American Bar Association, Business, Corporate and Commercial Law, Member
- State Bar of Arizona, Member, Board of Governors, 1993 - 1994
- Certified Real Estate Specialist, State Bar of Arizona, 1998-Present
- B.A. cum laude, Knox College, Galesburg, Illinois, 1981
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Transactions
Office location for James A. Whitehill
2730 E Broadway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85716
- Super Lawyers: 2007
Certificates and credentials
Real Estate Law